COD: Black ops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gamestop. I got an extra 40% with my reward zone thing.

Ah, cool. I really need to take my Xbox in there and get some money for it. It's literally just sitting here collecting dust. I always mean to buy some more recent games for it and play it, but then I'm just like "Eh, fuck it, my PS3 is sitting here with Black Ops ready to go, I'll just play that." If I were to actually buy one of the newer 360s I'd probably play it, but I'm not sure I want to drop that kind of cash on it when I've got a 360 and PS3 already.

Anyhoo, the prestiges on BO seem like they fly by. I hit the prestige button on Sunday night, and after just a few hours of play yesterday I'm already back to level 25. I'm thinking that I'll try and go all the way to 15. Shouldn't take long at this rate.

Oh, and 2000si, I tried making an Achmed but I just couldn't get it to the point where I was happy with it. I ended up making a fairly decent troll face though. I'll take a pic of it when I get home...

saw the new troll face
i was gonna say lastnight or monday you were at level 50, and then next thing i see you back to level 25
coming in #1 gives you huge XP to level up faster

i tend to clear a couple levels a night depending on how late i get into it, which directly correlates to how late i sleep, and how late i get to work

what did you do with that 150k or 180k you had before you prestiged?
i would have played wagers with you so you could get it all back coming back into level 1
if you could keep your stack growing from one prestige to the next i would imagine you'd have over a mil pretty soon

Yeah, I remembered about the wager match thing, but you weren't around when I finished level 50 and I wanted to keep playing, so I just said "fuck it" and went with it, lol. I had just over 100k.

But yeah, I can rip through levels 1-35ish pretty quick. After that it takes a little longer. I actually played some team deathmatch the other night and did pretty well, so that helped a lot. You get 100xp per kill there instead of 50, plus you're not limited to 30 kills, so if things go well you can get quite a bit of XP from it.

If your team blows donkey dick though, then it's not very fun, lol. Nothing like ending a game with 25ish kills and 10ish deaths but still losing cuz a couple of mouth breathers on your team can only manage 2-3 kills for their 20 deaths...

Last edited:
You lose your money too?!?! again fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

Yeah, it sucks a little bit when you first start, but you earn it back quickly. What I do is just use the default loadouts (mostly the SMG one) up until level 13 or so (that's when you unlock your combat record) and by that time you should have some money built up again so you can buy whatever gun and perks you prefer.

It's only really a problem if you're the type of player that wants to buy and have everything available at all times. I'm not like that. 90% of the time I'm using Marathon, Sleight of Hand, and Lightweight, and either the AK74u, the MP5 (which you don't even have to buy), and the FAMAS. I will buy and use other guns and perks, but mostly just for contracts that are gun or perk-specific.

Otherwise I just leave shit locked. My last prestige I didn't even touch an LMG or sniper rifle...

EDIT: Are you guys using the FAMAS at all? I used to think the AK74u was the go-to gun for pwnage, but the FAMAS is just unbelievable. It's like easy mode. It's accurate even at pretty long distance, minimal recoil, the hip fire accuracy is good, and the fire rate is fast (i.e. it kills really quickly). If you're not using it, give it a go. I'm using it exclusively this prestige. At least until I finish the 1,500 kills with it...

Last edited:
I dont want nor buy it all, I just like to be able to anyway. lol I guess you do earn it back fairly quickly. How much harder is it to reach 50 in prestiege than it was the first time. Are the gaps huge? Cause I dont know how long I could go without my AK74 and especially the Commando and PSG.

Well, I suppose it just depends on how good you are, lol. If you've gotten better since you started playing then it will be a faster trip to 50 for sure, but nothing about the game changes really that makes it easier. Like I said, I can rip through 1-30ish in no time now. But yeah, if you like the Commando then prestiging might be a bummer for you. That one's not unlocked till level 45 I think?

Im not looking for it to be easier, just seeing if its exponentially harder or just similar. Because yea, the Commando is at 44 or 45, and my second most used gun. I could deal with just the AK74u at 17, but damn Id miss my commando.

Yeah, the 74u gets it done plenty good. It's versatile too. Put rapid fire on and it's a close-range beast. Put the grip on and now you're a little more versatile with range, but the fire rate is still good.

If you do decide to prestige, give the FAMAS a go until you get back to level 45. There is something to be said for personal preferences, but I think it does own all the other assault rifles stats-wise. The Commando is pretty decent. I think the area where it lacks is hip-fire accuracy. Fire rate is a bit slow too, but it makes up for it with decent power...

I like the Famas, but as we've gone through before I like the AUG better. Ugly as hell, and I hated it at first, but it has the same fire rate as the 74 WITH rapid fire, and throw a red dot on it and its a long range monster. I used the Famas for a while my first go through and liked it, but somewhere along the way it lost its luster to me. Ive done different hip fire, burst, and aimed full mag fire tests against walls and the AUG just keeps a better pattern IMO. Throw some bursts at someone and it just mows em' down. The Commando keeps it tight for the first 3-5 rounds then fires wildly, but you shouldnt really be unloading on a person anyway. Though I sometimes slip, I try to keep a good discipline with the trigger finger.

Ah, yeah, I remember that now. Yeah, I can get pretty similar results with the AUG, but it seems to have a weird recoil jerk after a few shots as well. Great for close to medium range, but something like the FAMAS or Commando or any of the semi-autos will do better at a distance (for me anyway)...

Yea, the AUG goes up and right, the Famas straight up or left (weird), and the Commando up and right then all over IIRC. haha

Okay, so apparently there's a glitch on the "Grid" map which is similar to the rock glitch on MW2's "Fuel" map. It's in the big concrete bunker at the back of the map. You can somehow get inside the wall there. I ran past and got gunned down, so I figured it was some chode just camping. Went back and looked around, didn't see anyone, but then suddenly got gunned down again. Went back for a third time, and sure enough, I can see the tip of his gun sticking out of the wall. I fired on him and got hit markers, but unfortunately he killed me again because the bullet penetration sucks in Black Ops without Hardened.

Dickhead ended up getting his chopper gunner and dogs and won the game...

Okay, so apparently there's a glitch on the "Grid" map which is similar to the rock glitch on MW2's "Fuel" map. It's in the big concrete bunker at the back of the map. You can somehow get inside the wall there. I ran past and got gunned down, so I figured it was some chode just camping. Went back and looked around, didn't see anyone, but then suddenly got gunned down again. Went back for a third time, and sure enough, I can see the tip of his gun sticking out of the wall. I fired on him and got hit markers, but unfortunately he killed me again because the bullet penetration sucks in Black Ops without Hardened.

Dickhead ended up getting his chopper gunner and dogs and won the game...
go into theater mode and see what he was doing.

i do that anytime i suspect someone is exploiting a glitch. just so i know.

i just played for the first time with the new maps. started raping people on stadium, and got kicked. babies...

how exactly do you get kicked?
was it a private game or something?

i've been running with the basic smg on nuketown and everything else i'm using the ak74u
i traded in the extended mag for the red dot to make longer distances a little easier
but man i miss being able to run and spray around 2 full turns just mowing down anything in my path

i'm gonna have to look into the famas now that you said it brutal
you always get the jump on me with the firing
i typically never ever use hip fire, i automatically hold down the sight button when i pull the trigger
so that might give you a jump too

i play PC, we have dedicated servers.

if an admin doesnt like you, thinks you are hacking/cheating, thinks you are breaking their server rules, or is butthurt that you are rolling them the entire match, they can kick and/or ban you from that server.

go into theater mode and see what he was doing.

i do that anytime i suspect someone is exploiting a glitch. just so i know.

Oh, he was glitching for sure. I sent him a message after the match accusing him of cheating, and he wrote back with "IT'S NOT CHEATING, IT'S A GLITCH! TREYARCH HASN'T PATCHED IT YET SO IT'S NOT CHEATING!"

Jeebus...defensive much? You're still a homo for using it. Anyway...

i've been running with the basic smg on nuketown and everything else i'm using the ak74u
i traded in the extended mag for the red dot to make longer distances a little easier
but man i miss being able to run and spray around 2 full turns just mowing down anything in my path

i'm gonna have to look into the famas now that you said it brutal
you always get the jump on me with the firing
i typically never ever use hip fire, i automatically hold down the sight button when i pull the trigger
so that might give you a jump too

Yeah, that's why I like the FAMAS. It does everything well - distance with or without a sight, and hip fire. I typically never use a sight on the SMGs, because I always use marathon and lightweight so I can get in close. Rapid fire plus sleight of hand seems to work pretty good as long as you're fighting up close.

On a side note, I think I broke my damn controller last night. It was right after you got off. All the sudden I couldn't sprint anymore, and I couldn't throw any grenades either. It was quite annoying, lol...

Back