Code 22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

K so, got a code 22 from my usdm p28 running an obd1 engine.

Wanted to know does this engine have a VTP sensor ?
If not i heared about tricking the ecu by splicing a wire from the vtec solenoid to the vtec pressure sensor wire. Does this solve prob ?

Originally posted by vtecjdm@Jul 16 2005, 01:44 PM
K so, got a code 22 from my usdm p28 running an obd1 engine.

Wanted to know does this engine have a VTP sensor ?
If not i heared about tricking the ecu by splicing a wire from the vtec solenoid to the vtec pressure sensor wire. Does this solve prob ?
[post=527264]Quoted post[/post]​

first, we need to know what motor you have in order for us to tell you if it has a VTEC pressure Switch or not. for all we know you could be running a DX motor with a p28.
and if you are running a d16z6, splicing the wire to the solinoid will not solve your problem. just run the wire for the pressure switch...

there's an article on how to do on the FRONT page

Well my engine is a jdm D15B VTEC.

Cant seem to find any VTP sensor .. maybe i`m not looking enough ? I think it should be a green 2 pin socket right ? Or it isnt there ?

So its either i havent got the sensor on the engine or it simply isnt connected.
Helpp

hellloo .. anyone out there knows if the jdm d15b vtec indeed uses a vtec pressure sensor plss ?
Might sound like a dumb question but i cant find it on mine..

I dont see how it couldnt. The pressure sensor is what changes the cam profile....isnt it.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Jul 17 2005, 07:32 PM
vtp is pressure switch jdm engine has no vtp so got to honda order one. drill tap and ummmmm vtec.
[post=527681]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh well, i just taped the VTP to the vtec solenoid wire. It did the trick and the ecu gives no more code 22.
yey

Back