Confused...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Want Boost

I'm a noob at this so go easy on me. I've searched all over the place for the answers I was looking for but they only left me confused, so I'm posting.

I'm looking at buying a '92-'95 Civic hatch within the next couple months. For now I'd like the car to be a good reliable car. Eventually I'd like to do a swap and add a turbo. Would a B18C1 be a good choice for my future swap?

mintoxik

ya i like the b16 but that is my .02 the b18 is a good choice it is better then what is in your car now

Last edited:

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
for that amount of money, i would buy something newer. but thats just me.

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
If you are going to boost it in the future, I would consider a B18A/B with boost. The B18C's are high compression, and they cost significantly more than a B18A/B.

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
If you are going to boost it in the future, I would consider a B18A/B with boost. The B18C's are high compression, and they cost significantly more than a B18A/B.

I agree, the GSR is going to cost more than the LS and they handle boost better too. You could have a boosted LS swap for about they sam price as the GSR swap, and be quicker. :thumbsup:

Want Boost

I think I've decided on the B18C-R. I'd leave it stock except for a few minor mods like an intake and exhaust. What do youguys think?

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
Like Byron said above you, you can boost an LS for about the same price and be faster...

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
I think I've decided on the B18C-R. I'd leave it stock except for a few minor mods like an intake and exhaust. What do youguys think?
I wouldnt, for the price you an get a type-r for you could boost the LS, make more power and still have money left over as compared to the type-r. Plus an LS swap is pretty straight foward.

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
An Integra motor from 94+ is the B18B. If you are going to build it for boost, you can probably find one on Craigslist for less than buying if from a supplier/shipper.

Or you can get one from a 90-93 Integra. It's the B18A, and can be found for $400-$600 if you search around...

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
^Yep. I got my LS swap and rear disc swap for my EF for $500 from a guy on CL. Then my B16 for $600.

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
That one will work, but you can find it cheaper locally and rebuild it to your specs. If you are going to boost a stock setup, I would recommend that. If you are going to build it at all, I would recommend saving a few bucks and finding it locally.

Want Boost

That one will work, but you can find it cheaper locally and rebuild it to your specs. If you are going to boost a stock setup, I would recommend that. If you are going to build it at all, I would recommend saving a few bucks and finding it locally.

No I don't think I'd build it. I would just boost that one, if it will work.