Confused...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Want Boost

I'm a noob at this so go easy on me. I've searched all over the place for the answers I was looking for but they only left me confused, so I'm posting.

I'm looking at buying a '92-'95 Civic hatch within the next couple months. For now I'd like the car to be a good reliable car. Eventually I'd like to do a swap and add a turbo. Would a B18C1 be a good choice for my future swap?

ya i like the b16 but that is my .02 the b18 is a good choice it is better then what is in your car now

Last edited:
for that amount of money, i would buy something newer. but thats just me.

If you are going to boost it in the future, I would consider a B18A/B with boost. The B18C's are high compression, and they cost significantly more than a B18A/B.

If you are going to boost it in the future, I would consider a B18A/B with boost. The B18C's are high compression, and they cost significantly more than a B18A/B.

I agree, the GSR is going to cost more than the LS and they handle boost better too. You could have a boosted LS swap for about they sam price as the GSR swap, and be quicker. :thumbsup:

I think I've decided on the B18C-R. I'd leave it stock except for a few minor mods like an intake and exhaust. What do youguys think?

Like Byron said above you, you can boost an LS for about the same price and be faster...

I think I've decided on the B18C-R. I'd leave it stock except for a few minor mods like an intake and exhaust. What do youguys think?
I wouldnt, for the price you an get a type-r for you could boost the LS, make more power and still have money left over as compared to the type-r. Plus an LS swap is pretty straight foward.

An Integra motor from 94+ is the B18B. If you are going to build it for boost, you can probably find one on Craigslist for less than buying if from a supplier/shipper.

Or you can get one from a 90-93 Integra. It's the B18A, and can be found for $400-$600 if you search around...

^Yep. I got my LS swap and rear disc swap for my EF for $500 from a guy on CL. Then my B16 for $600.

That one will work, but you can find it cheaper locally and rebuild it to your specs. If you are going to boost a stock setup, I would recommend that. If you are going to build it at all, I would recommend saving a few bucks and finding it locally.

That one will work, but you can find it cheaper locally and rebuild it to your specs. If you are going to boost a stock setup, I would recommend that. If you are going to build it at all, I would recommend saving a few bucks and finding it locally.

No I don't think I'd build it. I would just boost that one, if it will work.

Back