crx build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_rex

i do body work!
anyhow...most of you know how i basically reconstructed the back of my crx because of the reason that it got hit in the back......anyhow...shes all finished and ready to drop a dohc zc in her that im picking up saturday and i bought paint for her......vivid blue found on the 2004 civic....i think it'll look hot!...well i removed the tired d16a6 and used a couple of sos pads and a hose to scuff up and clean the engine bay so she will be ready for paint....hopefully tomorrow mornin ill have pics of the bay b4 and after i paint it and hope to get the zc put in saturday night or sunday mornin....btw i got this zc for 250 bucks!!!!......ill keep yah all posted....maybe later tonight ill post up some pics of how she sits nice:D

updates: 8/26/06

build001.jpg

build002.jpg

build003.jpg

build004.jpg

build006.jpg

build008.jpg

build010.jpg

and the hot selected color for this beast: rsx blu!!

build013.jpg

still some minor body work left....then i drop the motor in monday afternoon and i plan to spray the engine bay tomorrow afternoon...should be done very soon!! then off to my skool to get fully painted

thanx sleeper 1.6......any how....today is fucking shit to paint the bay....its like 65-70 and it looks like it is going to rain....this will be horrible if i cant paint it becase now that means when i pick the zc up tommorrow...i cant drop it in......so i am set back a day and school starts wednsday.....i think i just might have to paint it this afternoon and do it sorta quickly so it dont start raining on me.....i also found a 5spd si L3 tranny in bristol for a good price that im gunna mate up to the zc....threre was no way in hell i was going to use my std 4 spd trans that was in the car when i got it. well thats all for now...ill prolly update this afternoon if anything happens...and if it does...expect pics...thanks guys!! ^_^

thanks bodydropped......it sucks sooo bad that ct is getting rain untill tuesday mornin now....this sucks bad....i got skool startin on wednsday and there is no way i can paint and drop a motor in in one day without lettin the paint cure fully...so i guess im going to put the motor on an engine stand and clean her up and spray the bay tuesday when the rainstops.....ill end up dropping the motor in this weekend or sumthin....i still need to go to bristol ct to pick up a mint si 5spd tranny...so it all kinda works out

update 8/30

sorry for no updates for a while....been really busy lately.....well...monday night i finally took a trip out to rhode island to get me zc...and boy is she a beaut.....70k on it....mint clutchmasters stage 1 clutch....no leaks....no oil burning...compression perfect and all i need to buy is a dizzy and cam sensor...i called the local j-yard and they wanted 75 for everything including obd0 injectors....the motor is an obd1 zc so it has a cam plug where the cam sensor would go....i also have sumwhat of a prob....since obd1 motors use the front motor mount on the tranny (vibration mount) and my crx uses a regular little motor mount on the block...i now have no front mount...is this gunna be ok? i still have the driver, passenger, and rear mount that will work fine....just wondering if she will be alright....this weekend im going to paint the engine bay and drop the motor in...which i also have to take a 10 min drive to go pick up an si 5spd tranny for 100 bucks and then i should be set to go....enjoy the fresh pics...i even cleaned her up today with some heavy duty degreaser...looks mint!;)
build024.jpg

build019.jpg

build021.jpg

build017.jpg

labor day ubdates:

well she got painted today!!!! great weather and perfect job!!! let me know what u guys think..enjoy da pics

build037.jpg

build036.jpg

build040.jpg

build035.jpg

my beast likes to sleep--- awaiting its debut

build039.jpg

:D :D :D

I hope your painting the exterior eventually, you probably are just makin sure =). the bay turned out nice good job.

Last edited:
looks good. i like it. the whole car would look sick in that color blue. keep the updates commin man.

check out powder coating the valve cover, make it look like a work of art.

actually reikosheia.....im taking my my valve cover to my school in 2 days to get media blasted and then the left over paint i have from the engine bay...im using on it....im gunna use a high heat base paint i have laying around and just spray over it and clear it so it looks sick......thanks for all the love guys...i cant wait till shes all done and she gets back on the road.....im thinking of saving a grand while she still sitting and buying some tein springs and gold rota circuit 8's....should look mighty fine with that blu color;)

How much stuff did you remove temporarily from the engine bay to paint it? fuse box, fuel filter, etc...

Oh, and what about the hood? doing that with the car?

relle u dont have to remove anything.....i took the fuel filter off and wrapped it in tape and i let it hang....same with the harnesses on the side..except u have to pull the harness out of all the lights and the little relays on the side and pull them out so u can wrap em up and let em hang where the engine bay would be....i unbolted the windsheild washer resivoir....all hoses for coolant and vaccum off (even the canister)..took the fuse box out and just masked up the brake booster and the shock mount bolts...thats pretty much it....and yes i am painting under the hood....everything is getting done...i just did this first so i can plop the motor in and driver her around;)

Back