D15B Vtec swap/boost/vtec/?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

put the b7 throttle on the d15b manifold. There are 4 bolts that hold it on.

Are you so sure that could be the problem? Switching manifolds is a bitch!! And one of the bolts on the TB doesn't have a head or anything, doesn't stick out at all guess I'll try to extract.

But hey that's basically the last thing I can do.

And yea hatchet honda, there's a nipple on the d15b TB, but my b7 manifold has 2 nipples on it, one's real small and isn't on the d15b manifold.

UPDATE for today...

I put the d15b7 TB on the new d15b manifold and threw it on. T-bracketed the extra vacuum line. Still the same problem...only now the idle only gets rough AFTER you've revved it this only happens while sitting still but when actually driving around the idle's fine. It still reliably took me home and to get gas, you just have to be really touchy with the clutch.

Any ideas?

Also, I was going to just throw in the p08 ecu to see if that was it but then I thought geez why don't I just check for codes since the light's on? Only that's another problem....

I've checked just about every square centimeter of the interior under the dash and CANNOT find the brown and black wires you're supposed to jump to read ecu codes...not to mention the po7 ecu is much bigger than the p08? Why? And which side are the wires supposed to be on?

Still haven't checked timing tho. Or replaced fuel filter.

You need to run the po8 (assuming thats what came with the motor)!!!. Jdm ecu's are smaller than us ecu's. Thats normal. You need to check thoes codes! The harness clip that you jump is located sorta above where the ecu is, burried in there. There are 2 blue connectors housed in a rubber housing/cover. Pull it out, pull the blue connector out of the rubber cover, and jump the blue connector with 2 wires.

I read somewhere on here I believe and on D-series.org that I could use the p06 (d15b7) ecu but it just wouldn't control vtec??

And THANK YOU for clearing up where those wires are I looked everywhere else!! But I'll do it tomorrow when it's warmer and lighter because I have to pull all that shit out of there anyway I got the kick panel down there the metal frame that was bolted to the ecu cover and all that other junk and some tools n shit down there and I'm lazy right now lol. I'll definately check that for sure and I even tried using both TPS sensors and MAP's, they're good. What sucks the most about this mess is that I can't drive my car unless I drive fast and I don't want to wear down the new motor. What's funny tho is I HAD to put it to the floor at least once and even tho there's no vtec, it now pulls A LOT harder and faster than it did with that b7 in there. I mean the speedo went from 40-80 so fast and the new tranny is way better than the dx I had it takes me up to 31-32 mph instead of 15-20!

FSM?

My shop teacher has one for just about every single car ever made up to like 2000 lol we've been using it. Plus this extra manual specifically on electronics for 93 civics. Plus my Haynes manual. LOL.

I looked under the dash and I found one blue connector...just hangin there...with a brown and a GREEN/white wire...could that be it?

that might be it...

jump the wires, and hold the key to the start position and it will flash the code from the check engine light

OK, I found both of the blue connectors and the green rubber housing for them!

One is hanging out with a green/white and a brown.

The other has a Black/red, a White/red, and a baby blue.

If the brown and green/white wires aren't it, could there be a risk of me frying something if I try to jump them?

If its a blue connector and it has 2 wires going to it, and its located behind the dash by the ecu, then its most likely the right one.

I'll try that in an hour here when Dawn of the Living Dead is over :D

Alright well I tried to jump those 2 wires in the connector with a paper clip and I didn't get any kind of light show from the CEL whatsoever...

But what's strange is that NOW the idle is just fine and I can rev a tiny bit past idle just fine, but then it does the same thing it gets erratic for maybe 2000-2200 rpms it's a small range that it jumps then it's alright after that..Timing? Ecu breaking in?

Yea I have a cel on idle running driving as long as that motor's on there's a light.

By the way I thought only 92's were wired for vtec? I got some quickpics just now :D Check it out I think this is vtec:

IsthatVTEC.jpg

The one circled in yellow looks like the Vtec is already wired on my '93 DX nonvtec harness?
And what's the plug in the red? The harness didn't have a plug for that one.

I just plugged in the p08 ecu by the way and now things are working that didn't work before like the interior lights.

Also I've got a pic of the motor installed looks sweet :D.

JDMD15BVTECMotorswap.jpg

EDIT: Could it be doing that at certain times because the line from my intake pipe to the hole on the back of the motor is real long? I'm about out of ideas other than timing.

Last edited:
it wont do that becuz of the vacuum from the intake to the valvecover..

it sounds like a sensor issue..it only does it at a certain rpm?

Yea only for a small range after idle it gets jumpy and sounds like rev limit like I said probably 2500-2800 or something dunno wish I had a tach.

Back