D16 Im ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IntegRacingLSVTEC

i have a question. my friend just got a 89 crx and i was looking at his engine. and i saw that his intake manifold looked really thin. and i was just thinking if i could put my older 89 civic si IM ? is it the same

dude, ur Civic and ur CRX both have the same IM, u might need ur eyes checked. and unless u got one after market they are the same. the same engine came in both years, so i dont think its smaller.

not if his friends car is a 89 CRX hf,dx or std model. Which model is it? If he has an HF you can do it with no modification and should add some horses.If this is the case just swap over his injectors to the new manifold but make sure you also use your 89 Si throttle body or it won't be worth it. If it is a dx or std model he will have to convert to PGM-FI(4 injectors) from DPFI(two injectors) which involves some wiring, a new ecu(88-91 Si PM6), 4 injectors, and a resistor box but will also be worth it. If he has an 89 Si they should be identical.

yeah his car is either a HF or a DX and i have the IM of a 89 Si. this fuckker talkin bout i need to get mah eyez checked shit i know what i was tryin to get to.. but ey yo SOHC EM thanks u deserve bong hit of my hash plant :blink:

yeah ok what you said, haha, jk. Well if its an HF you can tell right away if it has four fuel injectors and the throttle body will be sideways like your manifold but the dx will be straight up, so if its an HF go for it.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Jan 27 2003, 03:07 AM
dude, ur Civic and ur CRX both have the same IM, u might need ur eyes checked. and unless u got one after market they are the same. the same engine came in both years, so i dont think its smaller.

Assuming without know is bad.

whats up i have a d16z6 out of an 92-95 civic ex i hade it bored 40 over and it has je pistons eagle forged rods and the hole head built what do all of yall think about this. I am putting it in a civic hach 1990. if any one nows anything eles that will be good for hp tell me thanks. i am trying to go all motor. It is being built right now

what compression is the motor now?good header, i'll have to research it for you but their is an awesome all motor header that has recently been released for it. Also what cam you running? You might depending on what your setup is want to run a log style intake manifold or the Y8 manifold ported with a larger throttle body depending on your setup. Is this a race motor, street, street/strip? If so you might want to consider this when you choose a cam so you don't drive around a high rev street motor. You will need some good ecu and fuel controls and perhaps an msd system to control spark.get back to me and let me know.

Originally posted by hondaracer1990@Jan 29 2003, 10:56 PM
whats up i have a d16z6 out of an 92-95 civic ex i hade it bored 40 over and it has je pistons eagle forged rods and the hole head built what do all of yall think about this. I am putting it in a civic hach 1990. if any one nows anything eles that will be good for hp tell me thanks. i am trying to go all motor. It is being built right now

Post this in Engine building and you will get better answers.There are different forums for a reason.And start your own threads.

Back