damn kids today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its ok you'll be senile soon enough and wont be able to remember it anyway :)

yeah man the only numbers still in my head are ones from when i was little.

oh man... 312-863-8587. The phone number from the house I was born in. :) 312 is only in a tiny part of Chicago itself now. I lived in the Chicago suburbs, but back before the 630, 773, 815, 847, or 708 area codes existed... The whole northern part of the state was one area code!

Last edited:
warning!!!
Level 5 man crush in progress

you fuckers always think of some gay shit. why is that? hmmm

what was meant by that was that there needs to be more people, male and female, that agree with alot of what cel posts.

oh man and with the numbers... 552 6516 - the place i lived when i was in primary school

Last edited:

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet .If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalog!! There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!

There were no MP3's or Napsters! You wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself! Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ' d usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it! And we didn't have fancy Caller ID Boxes either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

i can sympathize with those ones.. even though im only 18.
my dad would never let me go on the internet, so i couldnt download music or look shit up.
and this kid use to always call me, i never wanted to hang out with him but i had no other friends, id rather just stay home alone then kick it with him.
but i had to answer because it might be my mom calling to ask me what i want from taco bell :D

worst new thing: regular radio stations. esp. in big cities. too many play stuff that the record company pays them to play. so not only do you get the same song every hour, but its crap. i much prefer the old way where good sings were played, ppl listened, and advertisers paid the station.

we used to have Pirate radio stations, they got shut down a coupe of years ago though.. they played all the good shit

Kids don't realize how good they have it because their parents don't make them earn shit anymore. I cut my grandparents grass and washed everyone's cars, not money, but because I HAD TO!!!

'Oh you washed my car, here's $10' yeah fucking right... It was more like 'Oh thanks for washing my car, now go water the grass, go do your homework, go set the table, go get ready for dinner, go do the dishes after dinner, go get ready for bed, go get your shit ready for school tomorrow, go to bed at 8pm, and as long as you keep listening and getting good grades for your birthday you 'might' end up with a Super Nintendo and for Christmas you 'could' end up with a game for the Super Nintendo'

Kids don't realize how good they have it because their parents don't make them earn shit anymore. I cut my grandparents grass and washed everyone's cars, not money, but because I HAD TO!!!

'Oh you washed my car, here's $10' yeah fucking right... It was more like 'Oh thanks for washing my car, now go water the grass, go do your homework, go set the table, go get ready for dinner, go do the dishes after dinner, go get ready for bed, go get your shit ready for school tomorrow, go to bed at 8pm, and as long as you keep listening and getting good grades for your birthday you 'might' end up with a Super Nintendo and for Christmas you 'could' end up with a game for the Super Nintendo'

:werd::concur:

worst new thing: regular radio stations. esp. in big cities. too many play stuff that the record company pays them to play. so not only do you get the same song every hour, but its crap. i much prefer the old way where good sings were played, ppl listened, and advertisers paid the station.
That is what I love about working nights. Good music for the commute. Hell if I'm there late enough I can listen to O and A on the way home. But to fuse it with new tech, if it sucks, I just hit play on the iPod.

Back