no wonder why kids today can barely read...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Only time will tell if your record is straight. Just consider that in a world of literally billions of possibilities, your ONE (or so) paths of success require that not none of those billions of disasters occurs.

These are Vegas odds, and the house always wins.

For me, a woman with her own place wouldnt be anymore dateable than a woman that didnt. A woman with her own place would prally be more mature, and stimulating to be around versus a woman with room-mates, this is based off my personal experiences, Im not saying that its true in all cases. As for it being a hassle or perk, I wouldnt say it would really be either.
you're also 20 years old.
90% of people your age still live with their parents (at least in the summer during school break)

12 years from now, you'll be 32. Do you still anticipate living at home in 12 YEARS? That's half your life so far!

When I see/hear of a woman that is on her own, regardless of renting or purchasing an establishment, I automatically think of maturity and experience. The woman in question obviously knows what she wants and is willing to do what she has to, even if on her own, to get it. She is typically not swayed by others, can think on her own, and has her priorities straight, or straight enough to be able to accomplish what she needs to do.
exactly.

and conversely, it's also true.

A woman living with mom and dad at 32 tells me she's either irresponsible, afraid to be alone, needy, can't make up her mind, or has a bad habit of buying 34242334 purses a week.

As for renting vs. buying, it doesn't really matter to me. Frankly, I hope the woman i end up with is renting, or is willing to sell her house. Cuz, well, i like my house, and if we're going to get together for real, you're coming to live here... not the other way around.

I own a house.
are you sure?

https://hondaswap.com/members-loung...ats-yours-225231/post1199458.html#post1199458

https://hondaswap.com/members-loung...rely-read-233619/post1215118.html#post1215118

"Well then, I'll be out on the veranda.... seeing how you're already on the cross." -Brian (Family guy)

you're also 20 years old.
90% of people your age still live with their parents (at least in the summer during school break)

12 years from now, you'll be 32. Do you still anticipate living at home in 12 YEARS? That's half your life so far!

I may only be 20, but I associate with more ppl who live on their own than ppl who live with parents. Ive also been girls who live with parents, who live with roomates, and who live on their own (rentin anyways). Therefore, I feel my thoughts are as valid as any others. And like I said, from my personal experience, girls who live on their own are a bit more mature.

As far as my living situation, I do live with my parents now. Will I in 12 years? No. Will I in 6 months? No. Not if I can help it anyways.

People answered your question pretty plainly: Even E (regarded for his wisdom) agreed. Neither renting nor owning is a bad thing for a woman - but owning a house (they agree) means something different for a woman.

i cut out the rest because it was completely off topic

owning a house vs renting:
owning a house is more permanent than renting... leases are generally on a month to month, 6 month, or yearly basis... owning a house is more of a commitment than renting
owning a house shows that a person is more rooted to their area... see larger commitment
owning a house does not show that someone is more or less intelligent, or responsible, or datable

owning a house simply implies that someone is more settled in their life
that is not a good or bad thing

this is not a set in stone rule so much as a tendency

this is also not specifically related to males or females... the same applies regardless of sex

as for the spelling ability, body types, makeup choices, and astronomy knowledge, im not quite sure where that came from or where it was headed so im going to ignore it... mostly because it had nothing to do with what i was agreeing with earlier

feel free to jump up my ass over this... but i must advise you, i ate some bad peperoni last night and have had a wicked case of the shits all day, and its probly not a pretty sight up there... :crap:

***(notice: the term 'house' is interchangeable with any type of 'home' be it a condo, townhouse, duplex, co-op, flat, loft, etc...)

Last edited:
I bought my house about 2½ years ago.

Perfect timing...

I would like to chime in that anyone that owns a home shows a certian maturity level, be it man or woman. Also, not owning a home does not prove the oppsite. There are exceptions to every rule as well. Some people are horribly immature/irresponsible and own homes.

I would like to chime in that anyone that owns a home shows a certian maturity level, be it man or woman. Also, not owning a home does not prove the oppsite. There are exceptions to every rule as well. Some people are horribly immature/irresponsible and own homes.

<--- :)

Back