*Official* Gym and Diet thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, so now I'm getting really serious about all this.

My diet is good for the most part, I just need to spread it out over the day more. Gonna start to work on that this week. I think it might be a little high in carbs, I'll make an effort to cut those out little by little.

Anyone use preworkout supplements? My coworker turned me onto Jack3d, but I haven't used it since my car accident. I've done probably 10-12 workouts without it, and I'm thinking about using it to help me cut off some of this fat I picked up while I was unable to work out.

Good cutting advice? I really want to lean out over the next couple months.

There's nothing wrong with carbs just try to keep it good carbs.

Yet another thing everyone and their mother does. lower carbs or no carbs. Welcome to fad diet 2000

main # to focus on is calories, everything else is 2nd.

There's nothing wrong with carbs just try to keep it good carbs.

Yet another thing everyone and their mother does. lower carbs or no carbs. Welcome to fad diet 2000

main # to focus on is calories, everything else is 2nd.

well, most of my carbs come from whole grains, but 45% come from enriched long grain rice. The beer and juices don't help either. I just need to get serious and map it all out again. The way I really got into shape last summer/fall was by keeping track of EVERYTHING I ate, and mapping it all out.

Right now I'm at about 2800 calories most days, if I'm feeling especially sore or tired, I bump it up to about 3500 and work a little bit longer/harder that night.

Yeah avoid simple carbs.

Complex.

Sweet potatoes, whole grains, oats, etc.

bump this back up! summer is just around the corner.. time to start cutting for me. i just finished a yr and 3 month long bulk from 155lbs>190lbs. gotta shed the BF for summer.

i was gonna start cutting a while ago, but my bulk was going just too well. im now 5'9", 191 lbs as of yesterday. i plan on dropping at least ten lbs. whats up with everyone else?

I started at 188 and finished my plan at 167 being the lowest.
Started eating better, fewer and of course much more workouts with weights.

anyone else?

did even better.
jumped on the scale again this morning and was right at 167.

the goal was exceeed because I did it while turning some of that fat into muscle.
Now the goal is to stay the same weight while gettting cut.

eg. Abs
chest and legs

we shall see

Well for those still in the running.
I did another competition and ended today weighing in at 169.8lbs and holding it steady.

legs are more toned and stomach is getting more narrow. :) ohh and I now fit into smaller shirts.

daily meals consist of PB&J's for snacks, lunch will normally be meaty with few carbs.
chicken salad, fish etc.
Dinner is pretty light with meat and veggies....that's it.

gym and weights at least 3-4 times a week!
I'll try to post results.

nice work taco!

i just finished my looong bulk, and i have been cutting for about 3 weeks now.
finished my bulk at 191.6 lbs
cutting down now, im back down to 184 lbs.
safe to say im addicted :p

Nice job taco!

I bulked up to 180 and just went through a summer cut and currently I'm at 158, I look small but once the shirt comes off its like ohhhh yeahhh =)

Hoping to hit 190 over the winter time and cut down to 165-170 next summer then maybe 180 the next summer.

Nice job taco!

I bulked up to 180 and just went through a summer cut and currently I'm at 158, I look small but once the shirt comes off its like ohhhh yeahhh =)

Hoping to hit 190 over the winter time and cut down to 165-170 next summer then maybe 180 the next summer.
lol.. bulk then cut FTW.. seems to be the best way to do it!

i don't need to bulk up anymore......:lol:

What I need is to start cutting off the rest of the "flab". I need some more definition on my mid-section so now I'm making a point to mountain bike ride (cardio) more AND do the weights.

we shall see.
if I can I'll post pics.

Attachments

• photfattyo.JPG
    photfattyo.JPG
    680 KB · Views: 209
  • skinny.jpg
    skinny.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
this was when I first started.
picture of me and first new Subaru sale

Attachments

• DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 182
  • DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
thanks man.
I feel better about myself again although if i can get some muscle that would be sweet.

we shall see.

anyone else made any changes?

carbs and beer kill.. im doing fairly well with the beer (especially for just turning 21) but the carbs are difficult to avoid. especially when cutting :/

Nothing wrong with carbs. Even when cutting I suck down rice and potatoes.

Sitting on your ass and eating chips all day then drinking a 6 pack at night is bad.

Nothing wrong with carbs. Even when cutting I suck down rice and potatoes.

Sitting on your ass and eating chips all day then drinking a 6 pack at night is bad.
i have trouble dropping weight (fairly low BF % as is) so i try to really just cut down on everything except protein intake.

Back