*Official* Gym and Diet thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the lack of a soul has stunted his growth

I think E is on to something. I just live on the country side of the state, I didn't grow up bucking bales like a real man ha ha. That's the issue I think, graduated highschool, went to college and then straight into office jobs. The plan thus far is to get into the mindset that I am going to change lifestyle so less soda, junk food and general laziness. And I really need to quit chewing... But that will be its own pain the ass I think.

Are P90X or Insanity even worth doing if muscle gain is your goal? I feel like they aren't. I looked at doing P90X but ultimately decided against it because it seems to be more of a weight-loss / tone-up type of thing that would only add lean muscle instead of mass. I can't imagine that Insanity's any different. I'm already skinny as fuck with lean muscle, so a program like that is worthless to me. Plus, what happens when your 90 or 60 days are up? Either you jump right back in to it or you quit and start losing the progress you've made.

I feel like a well researched and self-designed fitness that's sustainable and modifiable over time will actually promote a more fit body in the long term than any of these 2 or 3 month programs will...

EDIT: I mean, if you just want to look good for a vacation or wedding or something than programs like P90X/Insanity might be of value, but for long-term sustained fitness and muscle gains, I feel like they're not the best way to go...

Agreed. Insanity is really the total opposite of what I should be doing to gain mass, but I started from dead-stop-sedentary mode so I figured a little cardio couldn't hurt. Then I found out how much it works your legs (probably to burn more calories) and figured I needed to work my legs to build mass anyway so I'm still with it (although on a break right now until we can sleep more). We both literally couldn't walk right for 3 days after the first few days... It's an 'Insane' leg workout.

I wondered the same thing about the "after" regarding these regimens... There's not alot of followup to them except "stay healthy"! Changing your body equals changing your whole lifestyle... there's really not alot out there you can buy to help with that part.

Last edited:
Back