DIYperformance group forming

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i kinda half ass skimmed through the original thread....

im not nit-picking your theory, but what is it? a website chat board like this one?

if so, how is it unique and or different than hondaswap.com or honda-tech.com?

i mean diy, is a concept, but i dont think that alone would be enough to make it grow bigger than the two previously mentioned sites?

<<edit>> ok, i read the whole thing fully, and I still dont quite understand the purpose of the "group" ....btw, trying to differentiate between "club" and "group" is purely semantics...

I just dont quite get what the purpose of it would be? I understand you wish to become one of the largets "groups" out there...but.....why?

I see a modified car, and regardless of whether the acutal owner did the mods, or mommy and daddy's checkbook did the mods, i still like the car.

It seems as if "respect" is something best left to the young kids out there.

Maybe taking your "group" in a different direction would be more beneficial to all those that joined (instead of slanging t-shirts, lunchpails and hats at car shows)

Maybe you could unite all of the car people into a lobbying group that would be able to change certain bullshit ass laws regulating whether or not you can do a certain modification to a car or bike?

just my loudmouthed .02 cents :D

that would be a awesome way tho to generate some extra cash through advertising....

get everyone from hondaswap and hondatech to join, and become the biggest site, and just sit back and watch the advertising checks roll in every month....all for doing nothing

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Feb 28 2004, 08:26 PM
Maybe you could unite all of the car people into a lobbying group that would be able to change certain bullshit ass laws regulating whether or not you can do a certain modification to a car or bike?

we had to do that with the new england atv association so we could ride in the state forests again. it took 3 years of legislature to get it right.

fuck romney.

Well first off TonyD, you sound very creative! And if you DIY we'd love to have you on board.

The difference from a group to a club? A club is a bunch of friends that drive together and go to shows together etc. A "group" is an organization full of both individuals AND clubs nationwide, all representing the same point even though many of the people don't know each other. Thats the difference.

And yes, if mom and dads checkbook bought Jr's new 350Z plus full mods, it's still a nice car- but I don't care for Jr. because to me he is not in this sport. As I mentioned in the never ending invitation (!) "what's the point of having a hobby if you don't participate in it?"

I've always been and hung out with DIY'ers, and there's nothing worse than losing to someone who can't tell you what in his car because he just "paid" the shop to make him win.

So I'M INVITING EVERYONE on this board who DIY's to join in and change the way people look at the "little guy" in this industry FOREVER.

Oh yeah, and I don't have a forum, nor am I trying to pull people off this forum. I'm a long time member of Civicland.com, whom shares a lot of members with this site, and both of whom I respect and thank. But if I create a website in the future, it will have a forum for DIY'ers to talk to other DIY'ers, thats all.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Feb 28 2004, 07:33 PM
and i bet its gonna be all honda guys anyway.

Don't be so quick to assume! This is for Import/domestic car/truck/suv/motorcycle.
I have a Pathfinder signed up, a Dodge Srt-4, etc. This is for DIY'ers, not the kind of vehicles they drive.

Back