Done building my STI now onto my new toy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You got a steal for that whole swap if it was only $1500.

You know you can run a K20Z3 idler pulley and a 51" serpentine belt if you are deleting AC and PS pumps. Looks clean and is much cheaper. I paid $50 for the used idler and $30 for a new Napa belt. The aftermarket ones are nice and pretty but my OEM idler (has tensioner built in) has the same patina as the rest of the oil pump housing and has prefect tension with the belt. I can get you the napa belt number too.

100_1595.jpg

100_1596.jpg

You got a steal for that whole swap if it was only $1500.

You know you can run a K20Z3 idler pulley and a 51" serpentine belt if you are deleting AC and PS pumps. Looks clean and is much cheaper. I paid $50 for the used idler and $30 for a new Napa belt. The aftermarket ones are nice and pretty but my OEM idler (has tensioner built in) has the same patina as the rest of the oil pump housing and has prefect tension with the belt. I can get you the napa belt number too.

Looks good, but i already have the PS &AC delete and Alt relocation kit installed

I made a few purchases
ACT Sgt 2 Clutch
Hybird Racing Fuel System
K-Tuned Theromstat Swivel Neck
And i contact a guy about purchasing his Tranny w/ Quaife LSD so im waiting on that and the JRSC kit to both go through so i can relax and be done with searching the Forum every second im off work for a while.

Last edited:
Looks good, but i already have the PS &AC delete and Alt relocation kit installed
No problem.....just thought I would spread the knowledge. No alternator re-locate or anything is really needed. Those delete kits are one of those K-swap products that makes you think its the solution.....when its really just one solution.

googled it.. J's Racing is the only one i will allow on a CRX .. lol

just purchased
tranny w/ Quiafe LSD
1000cc ID,
type s cluster

only big purchases left are the SC and k-tuned Traction bar

So i have been reading religously on the types and brands of SC and i came down to either a Rotrex or a Twin Srew from Jmercado and i am leaning towards the TS. I contacted both and Rotrex hasnt replied yet but Jose gave me a good price for a custom setup with aftercooler now i just need the parts list of whats all included for the price. I was gonna looking for used kits but alot of the sellers didnt seem like they really wanted to sell (and i dont lowball) or they cant give me all the facts, if im gonna spend 3-4k on a setup i want ALL the facts you know. After i purchase this im gonna have to wait til the first of next month before i can make another purchase. what i have left to buy after i get my SC is as follows . Black is what i have and RED is what i still need to get, and let me know if you think im missing something.
Kswap
Kpro
Rywire harness conversion
6 spd Tranny w/ Quiafe LSD and a Extra Stock 6 spd Tranny
ACT stg 2 Clutch
extra set of lifetime warranty AAP axles
1000cc ID
Hybird Racing FPR w/ Lines and guage
K Swap Headers
Hasport Mounts
Rcrew Stg 2 Cams w/ VTC
Supertech springs and Retainers
RBC IM w/ hondata gasket (will have to sell this)
Karcepts Themostat Swivel neck
Karcepts PS & AC delete and ALT relocator

Walbro FP
WIlwood BBK or brake upgrade
Hawk Pads
K-Tuned Traction bar w/ Stablizers
Exhuast 3"
Somei Clutch hydro conversion
Front Slicks
Front Drag rims
Spark Plugs BKR8EIX
Map Sensor
Oil Catch Can
Possible extra short block to build to build just incase.
Possible batery relocator

Last edited:
Radiator?
How are you addressing hood clearance? (Especially with the RBC IM)

When getting K-Pro.....a PRB ECU is best (b/c reverse lock-out for 6-speed)

I would think about a bigger clutch. You want slicks......and a supercharger so I would say stage 4 or higher. I have a Competition Clutch stage 4......suppose to be street-able and such but still hold some ponies under stress. I will let you know how it feels (I should be running soon :wink:)

Radiator?
How are you addressing hood clearance? (Especially with the RBC IM)

When getting K-Pro.....a PRB ECU is best (b/c reverse lock-out for 6-speed)

I would think about a bigger clutch. You want slicks......and a supercharger so I would say stage 4 or higher. I have a Competition Clutch stage 4......suppose to be street-able and such but still hold some ponies under stress. I will let you know how it feels (I should be running soon :wink:)

i have a prb ecu, i have an 84 GTI Radiator. i will probably end up getting a backup clutch. please do let me know as my crx will be sharing the dutiess of dd with my sti so it needs to be streetable

So after speaking w/ Jose Mercado he had me sold, i decided to go with his Twin Screw kit setup. There was no real comms with Rotrex and im all about communication, we will see how this setup worksout and what i will need to improve on traction in the low gears. The kit inlcudes

Lysholm AX1600 blower
JR Manifold and associated parts
Conversion Plates for the Twin Screw blower
Custom Intake Plenum

Aftercooler for manifold
Custom manifold fabrication and CNC machine work
JR Bypass Assembly
Blower Pulley
Aftercooler Heat exchanger
Hoses and clamps
Rule Pump
Belt
All bolts necessary for all system

Im feel like a fat kid in a candy store, i cant get enough.

Improve traction in lower gears? Ha ha.....no decent K-swap has any real traction on street tires....let alone supercharged lol. But the K20A2 trans will help a little with the 4.3 final drive. Big boy K-series guys who are putting up big hp numbers often run the K20A3 (Base RSX) transmission b/c its 5-speed and lower final drive (less shifting in drag situations and such)

I have the K20R trans (very very similar to 06-10 Civic Si trans) with 4.7FD so you would be in and out of gears all day long if you put up the numbers I figure you will.

Definitely need K-Pro now! And locating a good tuner will be a big priority soon. ALL Honda rooted dyno shops will tell you they can dial it in....and they will most likely make it safe but sucking all the ponies out of the set up takes hours and hours. They go through VTC degrees (you have a 50 degree VTC so you can see how long that takes)

You back in the state yet? When is the mechanics of the swap going to continue?

How many pounds are you gonna push?

Improve traction in lower gears? Ha ha.....no decent K-swap has any real traction on street tires....let alone supercharged lol. But the K20A2 trans will help a little with the 4.3 final drive. Big boy K-series guys who are putting up big hp numbers often run the K20A3 (Base RSX) transmission b/c its 5-speed and lower final drive (less shifting in drag situations and such)

I have the K20R trans (very very similar to 06-10 Civic Si trans) with 4.7FD so you would be in and out of gears all day long if you put up the numbers I figure you will.

Definitely need K-Pro now! And locating a good tuner will be a big priority soon. ALL Honda rooted dyno shops will tell you they can dial it in....and they will most likely make it safe but sucking all the ponies out of the set up takes hours and hours. They go through VTC degrees (you have a 50 degree VTC so you can see how long that takes)

You back in the state yet? When is the mechanics of the swap going to continue?

How many pounds are you gonna push?

not back yet still have a long while , i work on my car myself but whatever i cant finish when i go home february i will take to a shop. i want to push at least 15 psi but will go off what Jmercado says.

Back