My New Toy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got her for $6250 talked down from $7500, which I think was a pretty good deal.

That's a screamin deal dude! How'd you manage to talk them down that much?

I'm getting the bug to buy another bike! It'll be my third. I'm seriously missing it!

Good buy! 748's are sweet as hell!

new tire going on the back is going to be a Bridgestone BT020

http://www.dtmaonline.com/mmDMTA/Images/1k...estoneBT020.jpg
there I will just link it so its not half the screen

s3ed595172981e.jpg

s3ec86d5b68fdf.jpg

right after I picked it up the pipes still looked like shit oh btw got boost? hehe theres my civic =)

open fearing(sp?) Bikes are beautiful. You can see all the craftsmanship and the motor all clean and stuff easily. My buddy just got an 2003 fz1, its gorgeous.

Originally posted by XZILER8@Jul 22 2003, 02:47 AM
That's a screamin deal dude! How'd you manage to talk them down that much?

I was good friends with the salesman/mechanic who sold it to me. What can I say, I got lucky :)
hopefully you've gotten all of the brake stands outta your system?

HELL YEAH!!! somtimes they are a painnnn

Looks great jeffie, nice lookin bike, I bet your looking forward to get it back on the street again. But why didn't you just buy front and rear tires? You get a discount if you buy them in pairs. Only makes sense. Oh well. Good luck with that.

BTW- Your civic is badass, I like how you've kept the sleeper look to it. What lip/front bumper do you have on it?

Personally I dont like the exhaust on most bikes but the exhaust on the ducks make such a sleek and beautiful design, I love it!!

Ducati's have to be, by far, the ultimate crock rocket.

good shit bro. it's hella stylin.
that is the exact bike i am considering getting, a yellow 748. i had made up my mind a little while back that a Duc is the next bike i get.
when i get mine i'm going to swap the wheels out for a set off of the 996 SPS. they have about 10-12 spokes and are made of carbon fiber.
then it's going to get a set of cf pipes which actually help reduce the seat heat.
but again... :thumbsup: ...it looks real clean. good riding. be careful.

as far as naked bikes being easy to clean I think its harder because the pipes get hit by everything and turn to shit just look at that one picture where the pipes are a yellow/brownish looking I spent tons of time making them shine like new and now they look kinda like shit

the reason I only bought a bike tire is..... my fronts are in great shape no reason to waste extra money as far as the back goes I had to order it becuase only one place in maryland "out of like 10 major dealers" had my tire and they wanted $190
plus 25 to mount it

so I ordered it from www.discountmotorcycletire.com and paid 123 WITH 2 day AIR shipping!!!! only $99 before shipping so the dealer had almost a 100% mark up over online stores

so F that screw the dealers

as far as mounting it Im removing the wheel and the local places charge 25-30 bucks to do it depending on what dealer Im taking it to the 30 buck one just becuase its close

so total is $153 VS $215 it would have only been like 8 bucks to ship it ground 4-5 day but I wanted it air so I can ride =)

the fount lip on my civic is the factory DX coupe 95

s3de1d345aa5b4.jpg

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 22 2003, 12:37 PM
so F that screw the dealers

I spent tons of time making them shine like new and now they look kinda like shit

:werd: They're just out to get in your pockets.

And how the hell did your pipes turn from shiny to that ugly bronze color? I've never seen that before. Mine just get shit on them and just aren't shiny anymore, but they stay the same color.

thats what happens to stainless steel when it gets heated
you might not have stainless pipes
or you just might not be riding hard enough :p

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 22 2003, 03:12 PM
you might not have stainless pipes
or you just might not be riding hard enough :p

I'm almost positive CBR600's have stainless steel pipes, but that shit never happened to me.

And I don't like to ride my bikes too hard, that's when accidents happen, I just like to cruuuise, and pop wheelies at 45 ;)

Yeah I heard about that, but that wasn't an accident dealing with the you. (cycle driver) Someone just happened to pull out in front of you, which is just some bad luck.

Do you still ride after that?

nah
no more street for me .... if i had the chance on a track i would in a heartbeat ... but my street days are over
dont feel like going through that shit again :(

Yeah I hear ya man, I am rather lucky, and have yet to get in a motorcycle accident. And I don't plan too. I'm just always about saftey first when I come to rididng, because I know that one small mistake could cost me my life.

But ya, I have been riding bikes on the street for about 4 years and I love it, but i have not experienced the track yet (laziness i presume) What's it like?

never got on a track (no tracks around here that let bikes run) :(
but the part i enjoyed most about riding was corners.... so if given the chance to take a bike out on a track i would (no dodge rams on a track :) )

since you said safety first lets see how much of a squid you really are=)

list your EVERYDAY riding gear not the gear you wear only when its not to hot but your EVERYDAY gear

The following is my everyday equipment:

-ARAI Quantum Helmet
-Icon Ti Maxx gloves
-Sidi Vertebra II boots

and when its cold out:

-Teknic Thunder pants
-Vanson full perf jacket

And before my duck i had a CBR600

I wear, HJC helmet, IIcon gloves, JR boots, JR pants, JR jacket, when its colder out I have a nice leather jacket I wear. I NEVER ride with out pants/jacket/gloves/boots its a must that is unless you like leaving your mark on the road.

I do take back the I never ride with out part, because, when I go to the gym "6 days a week" if I ride my bike I wear everything listed but tennis shoes. I feel weird wearing them but it makes it so much easier.

My mind does go back to people who have worn boots and have had their boots sanded down to their toes! If they had tennis shoes on there would be no toes left!!!

Ohwell ya gotta live alittle I guess.

Heres more reason to ALWAYS wear a jacket! http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/ibf/index.ph...=ST&f=4&t=20252

P.S where are you from?

Back