exhaust help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

Ok for some reason i know i read something somewhere! but i can't remember for the life of me. My wifes car her exhaust is jacked up and i mean JACKED. so i got her a header, new cat and i ordered and exhaust. turns out the exhaust is on back order. no big deal that was back on dec 8th. so i called summit today they tell me now i have another three weeks to wait. her exhaust is getting bad each day she drives it. so my questions is isn't there a civic exhaust that i can use that will match right up to her integra?
i always thought that the 92-95 civic coupe was the same as the 94-97 teg. please let me know i don't want to wait until mid jan for her exhaust i want to do it all during christmas break. thanks for your help!

I probably wouldn't have ordered import parts from Summit. I would have gone with a reputable Ebay seller, or tried to buy locally through a performance shop.

As far as Civic exhausts fitting...I wouldn't count on it to bolt right up. I'd wait and make sure you have the right parts...

i have looking at some pictures and i found these
psm-88-1465.jpg

psm-88-1423_w.jpg

don't the mid pipes look exactly the same to you? that is an ek exhaust and a dc exhaust system. i was going to cancel the order and get just the muffler and then get a mid pipe and call it a day

Last edited:
Hey man, do whatever you want. I'm just saying, if you want a 100% guaranteed fit, then get an exhaust made for an Integra. If the two exhaust systems were EXACTLY the same thing, then wouldn't they have the same part numbers and wouldn't they just sell it as "Integra/Civic Cat-Back Exhuast System"?

ok i will not battle with you i asked about the mid pipes the reason why it is different is because of the muffler but thanks for your help

Maybe Honda could tell you, im sure they have specs, cause when it comes to exhausts millimeters count.

:picard: lol

Stop being cheap...buy it from dealer :)
btw....yeah cancel it and buy the muffler and mid from auto parts

I always buy at the dealer, they've seen me so many times I get a sweet discount. honda and acura since the damn part #'s be diff sometimes...........

The ek and dc exhausts aren't identical, just look at the hangers on the mid pipes.

Wait it out, maybe ghetto-rig what you already have until you get your new one.

:picard: lol

Stop being cheap...buy it from dealer :)
btw....yeah cancel it and buy the muffler and mid from auto parts

lol stop playing in the snow and go get a real car :)

i went to acura and the exhaust was crazy! not going to spend 500 bucks on a stock exhaust if i can get a nice aftermarket one for less then that! so i just stayed on the waiting list for her car. she is not driving it so much so its ok. only two weeks left for the wait so they say!

Of course. I went and asked for a jdm-r exhaust. They don't have that shit. Go to a local shop that die-bends and have a custom one build. Get a single chamber straight muffler (magna flow has nice ones, and i mean muffler not a can) it wont be loud at all, and its 275 or so depending on what shit you pick. If the header is gone you can order a stock one off ebay for dirt cheap. Hell if you offer me the right amt for a shipped gsr header i might part with my spare =) lol

hell if nothing else, i managed to get a thrush turbo after market for my car and it sounded great (only 25 bux!) as far as the other parts i just used the pipe in the auto store for the time being...itll do the trick until i want to spend some real money

i guess this thread can be locked becaust it turning into a big joke for no reason. i ordered the exhaust and it will be here next week got the dc sport headers magnaflow cat and full stainless steal tubing thanks for the "help"

Welcome! We all tend to joke around, hell dude I drove around for 3 months with DC headers and 2 1/2 feet of pipe with no cat of the headers... never got pulled over, just make sure a fart can is on the back haha!

i guess this thread can be locked becaust it turning into a big joke for no reason. i ordered the exhaust and it will be here next week got the dc sport headers magnaflow cat and full stainless steal tubing thanks for the "help"

Sorry, we don't always have answers for everything. The situation could have been easily temporarily resolved via an exhaust patch kit anyway...

Last edited:
Back