Finally Setting up...here we go.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by CRXSI91+Jun 1 2005, 06:35 AM-->
@May 31 2005, 06:07 PM

hear ya loud and clear buddy.I was just trying to help.  Good luck with your turbo project.
[post=505789]Quoted post[/post]​

i appreciate the help.

now back to the subject...a few more Qs

-I have a 2.5'' downpipe....would it be smart to run a 2.5'' downpipe to a 3'' inch exhaust? cus i heard that for smaller hp applications,that is a smarter route.

-Intercooler piping? i have a lot..but i dont know how big the pipes should be...about 2'' right?

- Ecu fuel/air tables...call me whatever u want..but i do not want to go inside my ecu and start messing with sockets and shit...is there anyone that yall know of on this site,or on another where i can send off my ecu,and ask for a certain air/fuel setup or certain options for my ecu so i can have my car tuned?? or is there a way i can buy an ecu made for boost or something? since im not converting to obd1...hondata is out the question.

map sensor - the REASON why i wanted the 3bar..is so i wouldnt have to "hack" or trick the map sensor into reading boost..i dont want any CEL's if possible..so i wanted to get a map sensor that could read it..i dont know if getting the 3bar would help that...but that was my idea...any ideas?

ill come up with some more Q's later...right now im going to research some more stuff. :worthy: :worthy:
[post=506027]Quoted post[/post]​

you cant just send a computer off to get it " programmed" for your car. every setup is different and you need to do real time tuning to get everything safely tuned. this isnt like those ebay "mugen" chips that you buy that raise the rev limiter and dump fuel/ advance timing to make power for N/A cars.

honestly i learned how to use uberdata myself with brandons car (sireg) as the ginea pig and a little reading on the uberdata forums. he boosts 7 psi daily and 11 psi occasianally on a big turbo (t3/t4 60-1) and nothing has happened to his stock b16 yet. do some research on the uberdata forums www.pgmfi.org/uberdata and learn how to tune yourself. you will need a couple hours on the dyno or an in car wideband o2. its free and its a very good program to run.

i think ima just go out..buy a conversion harness...a p75...hondata,and get someone to tune my car/ecu the legit way...

anyways...what about timing?? i hear a lot of people retard their timing when they go FI....how will i know what i need to do,without blowing my motor up?

Spark plugs...B...i remember u posted what spark plugs to use when u go turbo..they were NGK and they had a long serial number on em....also what about Gap...at what . should they be gapped at??

i wanted to get a spring for my wastegate that puts it up to 12 lbs...but i wanted to keep my boost at 6psi...is there anyway i can get the spring,and then just get a boost controller to controll the psi? cus the wastegate is off of the turbo/car right now..which is the perfect time to install the spring.

Originally posted by CRXSI91@Jun 3 2005, 11:40 AM
i think ima just go out..buy a conversion harness...a p75...hondata,and get someone to tune my car/ecu the legit way...

thats a start-- but you'll also need an obd1 distributor, vss, and map sensor as well. the obd0 stuff wont work right on the obd1 ecu.

anyways...what about timing?? i hear a lot of people retard their timing when they go FI....how will i know what i need to do,without blowing my motor up?

hondata or whatever other management you go with will take care of this (well, your tuner will)

Spark plugs...B...i remember u posted what spark plugs to use when u go turbo..they were NGK and they had a long serial number on em....also what about Gap...at what . should they be gapped at??

BKR7E, leave the gap how they come.

i wanted to get a spring for my wastegate that puts it up to 12 lbs...but i wanted to keep my boost at 6psi...is there anyway i can get the spring,and then just get a boost controller to controll the psi? cus the wastegate is off of the turbo/car right now..which is the perfect time to install the spring.

impossible.

the WG spring is the LOWEST boost you can run.
boost controllers can only go UP from the wastegate spring.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 3 2005, 11:07 AM-->
@Jun 3 2005, 11:40 AM

thats a start-- but you'll also need an obd1 distributor, vss, and map sensor as well. the obd0 stuff wont work right on the obd1 ecu.

hondata or whatever other management you go with will take care of this (well, your tuner will)

BKR7E, leave the gap how they come.

impossible.

the WG spring is the LOWEST boost you can run.
boost controllers can only go UP from the wastegate spring.
[post=507302]Quoted post[/post]​

iight..well so my continuance to build my setup..i have about 400$ to play with this week...what should i be leaning towards? i already have :

fuel pump
fuel rail
Wastegate
Intercooler
Turbo
manifold
Turbo timer

one of my friends that has a DSM is getting rid of his 450's...so im gonna pick those up...so those are taken care of.

I already know where to get my Return line,and fittings from..so thats cheap and taken care of too.

After that...im still torn on what i should buy next....

i know i need :

Half sized radiator
3'' exhaust
Ecu
Conversion harness
obd1 Dizzy
Map sensor (already have one)
Vss (i take it this is vehicle speed sensor)
Wideband 02 sensor
Oil temp,oil press.,EGT,boost/vac. gauges
Racing Clutch

i dont know what order to get it then though...i think it does matter what order i get it in...and im not even sure about the whole hondata thing...i mean i feel like hondata is for people who want 300+ horsepower..im only goin for 250...but i have no idea what to get next...anyone wanna help me decide?

iight..i found someone to tune my car on the obd0 platform...right now im looking into buying :

Fluidyne or C&R half sized radiator
Moroso or any oil pan that is tapped for a return line,and oil temp/press sensor.

Back