Here we go again.... ditching the genesis.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

These were the OE set. 45k on the clock.
subtract maybe 10-15k for winter wheel set.

the reo50a's with a 140 treadware lasted 30-35k. maybe these 300 tread ware will go to 50-60k :)

First impressions of the super sports--

sidewalls are soft. There's much more flexibility in this tire. feels a little sloppy even. I haven't checked tire pressures yet though, maybe they just need a few more pounds. I also haven't full broken them in yet, so they are still a little greasy....

they are quiet though, much less road noise.
less 'off-camber pulling' too. ruts, cracks, etc pulled hard on the reo50a's, these are much smoother over shit pavement.
great in the drizzle we had today.

the bent wheel is still noticeable, of course. but it's tolerable. I'm still casually looking for a replacement set (of fronts) to get that fixed.

First impressions of the super sports--

sidewalls are soft. There's much more flexibility in this tire. feels a little sloppy even. I haven't checked tire pressures yet though, maybe they just need a few more pounds. I also haven't full broken them in yet, so they are still a little greasy....

they are quiet though, much less road noise.
less 'off-camber pulling' too. ruts, cracks, etc pulled hard on the reo50a's, these are much smoother over shit pavement.
great in the drizzle we had today.

the bent wheel is still noticeable, of course. but it's tolerable. I'm still casually looking for a replacement set (of fronts) to get that fixed.
if you have a bent wheel, won't that throw off the balance of the tire and make it wear out faster?

Keystone has a wheel refreshening service, might be worth looking into having the one wheel fixed.
If its an OE wheel they swap them out for refurbs.
Not sure if keystone is local to CT, but I am sure there are other companies that offer similar services in your area.

Back