Here we go again.... ditching the genesis.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Saw a new 4 series today. Nice looking car but the Gen is a much better option.

Again you live in some fake ass fantasy world....only the upper 1% have $20k-$30k cash to pay for something with enough left over not to leave them with no savings

According to American Family Financial Statistics..as of 12/26/2013...The average American house hold has $3800 in a savings account. 25% of Families have no savings at all. So the AVERAGE American cannot put down $20,000 on a purchase. That's why there is financing.

I am sure Brian can afford the repairs on his car, he just doesn't want to spend the money or didn't think it was worth it. And if he decided to buy a new car, according to you he is a moron because you are indicating that anyone who buys a new car over a 60 month term is using credit unintelligibly. 99% of assets you buy depreciate, not sure what your point on that was.

You really are thick and too stupid for your own good. You're the kind of stupid that thinks they are smart.

1) The assets you are purchasing depreciate because well you've proven that you have to have the latest and greatest technology and toys. Any large purchase I make will appreciate or depreciate as little as possible. Buy low, sell high. I.e. Buy a two year old car with $20,000 miles. I did. The sticker was $50,000+ I paid $28,500 cash. I was 25 and i by no means come from a wealthy background.

My point on that one was that the typical American uses the same piss poor logic that you do.

That brings me to

2) You quoting statistics about a bunch of indebted Americans to strengthen your argument about why it's smart to make the same poor decisions that they do? CLASSIC.

3) I have been here to have seen Brian through his highs and lows. I was here when he had a great job, was on top of the world and bought his M3 and house. Nothing could possibly ever go wrong, right? Life happens. If you live outside of your means and are too leveraged, a 60 month commitment simply means your mouth is writing checks that your ass can't cash. Think of where you were five years ago. Now think of all that has changed. The market took a shit, people lost 30% of their home values, hours were cut back and jobs were lost. Totally makes sense for B to overcommit himself again after he finally dug himself out...

4) My wife and I aren't the top 2% We are both under 30. She has never made six figures and has only had a career for two years, before that it was jobs in retail. Miraculously we have $250k cash to put down on a house after we pumped $50k+ into a business as an investment. Where is that in your statistics?

If your story isn't similar, maybe you shut up for a minute and listen. Just might learn something. Just a thought.

Last edited:
You really are thick and too stupid for your own good. You're the kind of stupid that thinks they are smart.

1) The assets you are purchasing depreciate because well you've proven that you have to have the latest and greatest technology and toys. Any large purchase I make will appreciate or depreciate as little as possible. Buy low, sell high. I.e. Buy a two year old car with $20,000 miles. I did. The sticker was $50,000+ I paid $28,500 cash. I was 25 and i by no means come from a wealthy background.

My point on that one was that the typical American uses the same piss poor logic that you do.

That brings me to

2) You quoting statistics about a bunch of indebted Americans to strengthen your argument about why it's smart to make the same poor decisions that they do? CLASSIC.

3) I have been here to have seen Brian through his highs and lows. I was here when he had a great job, was on top of the world and bought his M3 and house. Nothing could possibly ever go wrong, right? Life happens. If you live outside of your means and are too leveraged, a 60 month commitment simply means your mouth is writing checks that your ass can't cash. Think of where you were five years ago. Now think of all that has changed. The market took a shit, people lost 30% of their home values, hours were cut back and jobs were lost. Totally makes sense for B to overcommit himself again after he finally dug himself out...

4) My wife and I aren't the top 2% We are both under 30. She has never made six figures and has only had a career for two years, before that it was jobs in retail. Miraculously we have $250k cash to put down on a house after we pumped $50k+ into a business as an investment. Where is that in your statistics?

If your story isn't similar, maybe you shut up for a minute and listen. Just might learn something. Just a thought.

Wow so basically if people don't live life the exact same way you live life than they are morons? How elitist of you....<the end>

i am a little surprised you didn't notice the hub centric ring.
but i didn't know anything about them until i had to deal with one the first time as well.
live and learn.

Brian,
You sir are a moron for not noticing that. :)

Saw a new 4 series today. Nice looking car but the Gen is a much better option.
The thing I hate about the new 3/4 is that damn gill on the front fender. Looks terrible..

yup, I get moron of the day award.

I KNEW the wheels had them... that's why I bought them. they were on a genesis before I had them and the ad said he had the proper rings for 'em. lol gen's have an odd ball center bore it seems. tough to find wheels with native proper cut.

it's big, too. I should take a pic of it.

I took the car up to <lawyer> a reasonable speed for public motorways </lawyer> this morning on the way to work and there's no vibration on the rear any more. The front still wobbles a little bit, due to the bent/oblong front wheel, mostly under braking. it's tolerable. Still want to find a new set of wheels though if I keep it.

I haven't driven anything. There's nothing I want to buy it seems. :/

there's a 4xx in the lot today t work. I thought it was an a5 at first from the side :/
meh

and really MEH when the price tag is considered.....

Gonna order the clutch I guess.

get the clutch in it and see how you feel.
and figure out the employment issues before committing to another note.

yea, I won't quit until I have something else lined up. I'm basically never at corporate HQ, and the client site is fine... like I said, this is all about money and until this happened I had no intentions of leaving.

Hit something on the way to work today...
tick tick tick as the tire rolled. sounded like a rock....

then the TPMS indicator came on.

oh fuck, we've got a bleeder!!!!!!!!!

hauled ass to the tire shop.

made it in time before I was on rim.

sidewall is stabbed. can't be patched. :/

can't just do one tire, as they are all pretty low, so I have to do 2. and at that point, might as well just do all 4.

so $1180 later, I will have mich ps2 super sports on the car when I get it back this afternoon (tire shop dropped me off at work... its right down the street). price isn't too bad... TireRack.com has a set at 1050 + shipping +tax+ mounting, so I'm right there ballpark anyway.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Super+Sport

there goes the clutch money :/

Nice tires. How much were the cont DW did you price them out? I love mine. At the time I bought them they were $70 less a tire vs the PS

IMO pilots are better but I couldn't pay the difference for the slightly better tire. $20 more a tire? Sure.

Did you ask them about wheel repair or if they used a mobile repair service? Good time to have it done if the cars sitting there all day.

Fixing the hub/wobble, fixing the wheel and new tires should make it feel like a new car. Add in a clutch and you should be done for a year or two... *crosses fingers*

priced reo50a's (what i have now) to 1300+... decent tire, not sure why they are so low on the list at TireRack.com to be honest. i'd buy them again. but I'm interested to try new stuff.
conti DW's were 999+t+mount so probably $25 each cheaper out the door, so right in your ball park too.

I HATED the conti's that came with my m3 (sport contact model IRRC) so it's left me hesitant to try them. On the other hand, I LOVED the ps2's. And these Ps2 supers are supposed to be better and last longer, so I'm in.

The right front wheel is bent oblong. It can be seen on the balancer. It's not horrible to be honest. it has a rough vibration spot around 88 mph (insert b2f here) but then clears up before and after it.

PS is a better tire no doubt so for the money IMO you did good. When it's $280 difference... Yeah no brainer for me at the time I bought tires. But I do really like my Extreme DW tires very glad with them. I do backroad driving 90% or the time and haul ass.

Yeah. Same reason I didn't do the PSS. Too much cash.

The Conti DWs and PSS are very close in specs. About the same tread design, About the same tread wear, maybe slightly better on the PSS. And the PSS has a stiffer sidewall. While the PSS is a better tire, I thought the price difference wasn't worth the slight performance difference.

in 255/40/17,

Conti DW - $138/tire
Mich PSS - $187/tire (245 size, they dont have a 255/40/17)
Mich PS2 - $277/tire

so did you get the PSS? or the PS2? they are different tires. you mentioned PS2, but linked the PSS.

no brainer to go with the Contis

That's kind of how crap always goes. Nothing planned works out right.

I run the PSS on my AMG, mostly because of the milage warranty which gets used every time. My rear tires last consistently around 13,000 miles with PSS and only about 6,000 miles on the Conti's.

Back