Finally went to the Track

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IntenseDriving00

Well I finally went to the track Last friday. I was hoping to run 13's but That didn't happen I couldn't catch traction till 3rd gear so that blows :(

First Run(sorry no scanner):
R/T ... 1.014(I wasn't even ready I swear hehe)
60 ' ... 2.300
1/4 ... 14.328
MPH ... 98.16

2nd run:
R/T ... .758
60 ' ... 2.329
1/4 ... 14.398
MPH ... 98.40

3rd Run:
R/T ... .902
60 ' ... 2.325
1/4 ... 14.277
MPH ... 95.11

Last Run:
R/T ... .773
60 ' ... 2.299
1/4 ... 14.199
MPH ... 99.22

I had 3 other runs but I won't discuss those lol the shifter popped out of first gear twice so 2 of the runs were HORRIBLE lol but i laughed about it. My best R/T was .685 Best 60' would be the last run. Weather was Cold as hell so my engine was running strong. My tires weren't warming up as I wanted it to. First gear couldn't catch grip and had wheel hop shifted into 2nd still couldn't catch traction then 3rd gear thats when I caught traction. That happened Everytime, I even feathered the pedal, but still the tires still weren't warm enough I even did burn outs but that still didn't help just too dam cold. Oh well better luck next time hahaha.

get some grippier tires and keep the shifter from popping and you'll have high 13s all day with no problems. Good job :thumbsup:

GSR in a DX Hatch
CTR Cams, R Valve Springs n Retainers, Skunk2 Cam Gears, JDM ITR Pistons, PnP w/ 3 Angle Valve job, I/H/E, Exedy clutch n Flywheel.
Yeah I don't think I put it in First gear well those times it popped out lol.
Thinking of buying some slicks if not do you have any preference in stickier street tires? I'm running on Kumho Ecstas with GSR Wheels.

kumho are not generally a sticky tire at all that is half your prob slap some azenis or some es100 on there and youll have 13's. Or toherwise get some drag radials or slicks if u got the money but youll prob start snapping shafts with slicks

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Nov 18 2003, 11:47 PM
with a 99.22 trap speed you should easily hit 13s

woah
i dont know about that
i thought a 110 trap was generally a low 13
wouldnt a 99 put you in 14.1 territory???

110 is a 12 sec trap for sure, I hit 103mph with slicks, so on street tires I should be able to hit 105 around there.

get some slicks man!!! :)

My friend has a stock GSR in his DX 5th gen hatch and is consistantly running 13.4's...... He's just got an intake and a VAFC.....

Defenitly, with slicks you can hit mid to low 13s. Practice helps too, get that 60ft time down. 2.3 is way too high.

Back