Football Picks Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

umm well we cant sign up until a month before the actual start of the season, or somewhere close to it.

WIth yahoo, what you'll wanna do is the Live Draft with us. I'll try and coordinate a time/date where we can all, or atleast most, make it to the draft. Basically, Yahoo randomly generates a draft order and you go through making picks from ALL available players in the NFL. Pretty much like a fantasy draft in Madden. But there is a strategy to fantasy drafting. There are plenty of magazines and online articles to read about fantasy football, read up.

umm well we cant sign up until a month before the actual start of the season, or somewhere close to it.

WIth yahoo, what you'll wanna do is the Live Draft with us. I'll try and coordinate a time/date where we can all, or atleast most, make it to the draft. Basically, Yahoo randomly generates a draft order and you go through making picks from ALL available players in the NFL. Pretty much like a fantasy draft in Madden. But there is a strategy to fantasy drafting. There are plenty of magazines and online articles to read about fantasy football, read up.
i got fucked on the autodraft last year. we did the draft in early august before the first preseason game. my best players got hurt before the season even started. we should wait until 2 weeks before the regular season starts.

yeah, i usually do my drafts 1-3 weeks before the start of the season. A friend of mine who won our league last year had to auto draft. He had his ranks all fucked up, he got a kicker with his 7th pick. Thing is, he ranked all the really good players that everyone is gonna pick so by the time it got to him, 3/4's of his list was already gone :p

yeah, i usually do my drafts 1-3 weeks before the start of the season. A friend of mine who won our league last year had to auto draft. He had his ranks all fucked up, he got a kicker with his 7th pick. Thing is, he ranked all the really good players that everyone is gonna pick so by the time it got to him, 3/4's of his list was already gone :p
ours was a COMPLETE auto draft. we didn't even rank the players or positions. we just submitted our names and the whole thing was done for us. it was fucked. next year is going to be better.

Back