Gas mileage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

F that. i still try to change mine every 2k if i'm hard on it (in the honda at least). the suby, i don't care... i go when they tell me too-- thats their 7 year service plan, i'll stick to it :)
but even then, its every 3750... not 5k.

at like $2.12 or something, it cost me $18 to fill up the miata. i put in $20 of the same $2.12 in mommy's accord and it went between 3/4 and half

I wish it cost $18 to fill the Audi. But $18 at reasonable speeds and conservative shifting will last probabaly 180-200 miles or so. But I don't drive it like that, the way I drive it, it'll last 150 if I'm lucky.

I could have made it to the gas station today if I didn't do 85 mph.

Civic, half tank = 215 miles today. I love that car.

WRX is due for a fill up again. Both got gas on Sunday and both go about the same miles every week.

Dayum.

-> Steve

there HAS to be someway out of this. This mileage is as bad as a Dodge Magnum. It's the same as a fuckin hemi durango. I'm looking into slowly building a motor over the course of a few years. Something cryoed.

i dunno, i dont really beat on the miata. i redline it every once in a while, but its kinda weird sometimes. when i first got it, if the rpm's dropped to fast, it would stall, it doesn't stall anymore, but it gets close to stalling sometimesand the whole car starts to shake. it ticks, if i merk in it for a bit, it'll stop ticking and run nice, but then later on it would tick even louder. it also sounds like there is something wrong with the clutch, makes a shaking sound when your not pushing the pedal down, but when you push it, it gets all quiet and all you here it the ticking. i love taking turns and driving on twisty roads though. fucking awesome handling.

a lil off topic, but did you know that a Lambo Mercialgo(sp?) and the Hummer H2 get the same 13mpg??? i don't know if its city or hwy, but that sucks.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 20 2005, 10:29 AM
100 miles out of a 14-gallon tank?

Damn, boy, that's like 14 miles to the gallon! My V8 gets better than that! Shit, my 460 might even do better!
[post=514309]Quoted post[/post]​

math > you, lol. its more like 7.1ish mpg

2 tanks. Both got 325 miles to them, regardless of driving habits. The first was back and forth commuting, and the second was all interstate.

I am not happy with this. No modern 4 cylinder car should get this kind of crap mileage, and god as my witness, I WILL find out why and I WILL correct it.

On a sidenote, I banged the rim into a curb this weekend. I feel like shit now.

-> Steve
Oh, and pics are coming.

don't feel bad. I got some shitty mileage this round.

9 gallons..... 153 miles. 17mpg :sigh: It was all city, 95% traffic.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 30 2005, 10:35 AM
what the hell are you driving to get almost 60 mpg?????
[post=518572]Quoted post[/post]​

insight.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 30 2005, 11:43 AM-->
92civicb18b1
@Jun 30 2005, 10:35 AM
what the hell are you driving to get almost 60 mpg?????
[post=518572]Quoted post[/post]​

insight.
[post=518573]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

oh yeah and none of that is highway driving... when i was doing a lot of highway driving last year i was averaging between 65 and 73 mpg

i defenitly need one of those. I wouldn't look right in it but for that kinda mileage I just may buy one. I could use only a gallon a day..:D

OMG 75 mpg highway. I could make it to PA and back on my normal weekend runs for 5 bucks.

Can I still do 100+ in it? It's a normal cruising speed where I go.

i have gotten it up to 113 (pretty much topped out in 3rd gear) ive heard its computer limited at 115 :shrug2:
i have a picture of the dash at 108 (i was still getting 20mpg :D)
i generally do around 80-85 on the highway with no problem

Back