Getting modern warfare 2 this week!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Man I was doing really bad last night. I'm so inconsistent. Some nights are pretty good (consistent 20-5 type games) and some nights are horrible (5-10 kills, 10-20 deaths type games). How does one become consistently good? Lots of practice I guess?

And just FYI, our boy Ethan is pretty damned good. I consistently see him getting 25-30 kills! :D

It helps if you dont have to play pick up games. If you have the chance to team up with the same group of guys most of the time you will notice you do better.

its funny, because i'll come into a game late and still do better than the rest of the team.. we win of course, but i dont understand how the score can be 1900-1200 and me still be top scorer for my team

Man I was doing really bad last night. I'm so inconsistent. Some nights are pretty good (consistent 20-5 type games) and some nights are horrible (5-10 kills, 10-20 deaths type games). How does one become consistently good? Lots of practice I guess?

And just FYI, our boy Ethan is pretty damned good. I consistently see him getting 25-30 kills! :D

For me its always been kind of just a luck thing. I've played a game going 36-12 (Headquarters btw), back out redo a class or two and jump into another game only to end up even or negative on my k/d for that game. Pick up games just depend on if it's a clan or a group of friends playing that communicate.

It helps if you dont have to play pick up games. If you have the chance to team up with the same group of guys most of the time you will notice you do better.

Actually, sometimes it's the opposite for me. I'll sometimes do better when I just end up on a team of randoms. I don't know what the deal is...no pressure maybe?

I do better when I play with a team that communicates well. I dont have many friends that play mw2 often so I play 95% pick up games. When I get on a team that doesnt commincate I normally try to start communicating. If that doesnt work I join a new lobby and tryt again.

all i want is to know where campers and snipers are. i don't need a full realistic battle re-enactment, but a little help is good.

all i want is to know where campers and snipers are. i don't need a full realistic battle re-enactment, but a little help is good.

Yeah, that's all I usually do too. I'll call out places where I know people are hiding. I'll also call out warnings if I see one of my team-mates running towards somewhere where I know they're going to get massacred.

Lately I've also been calling out campers on my own team. If I see some guy with an AR or SMG just duck down in a corner and wait I'll typically say "Really dude? You're just going to camp that blatently?"

i call out my own campers too. i HATE play tdm and getting shot by campers, then just have them on my team the next round. i'll yell at them. the good thing about hardcore is that if you get pissed, you can just kill them.

I like HCTD but I get really bored with the 15 second respawn times, I've been playing a lot of HQ which is ricochet so if you shoot a teammate you kill yourself instead.

Yeah the re-spawn times in HCTD is nonsense. I really hope they come out with a TDM and HCTDM barebones game type at some point. No perks, streaks or attachments.

I have swings too when it comes to how well I am playing. I think it happens to everyone who doesn't play at least 4 or 5 hours every day. I have my sensitivity setting on 7 now though which seems to help a little better. I transition a lot faster now.

Old school you could pick stuff up I believe. I am talking about a game type where there is nothing but the rifle in your hand and your wits.

And a knife. Every man needs a good knife.

now thats something i'd play.. no heartbeat sensors, uavs.. nothing but a gun, knife and a big set of cahones

i would like a movement sensor. if you don't leave a certain radius for a given period, you start to die.

too many people are happy with 7/7 or 6/8 k-d games. if i don't get 15 kills, i'm annoyed.

i would like a movement sensor. if you don't leave a certain radius for a given period, you start to die.

too many people are happy with 7/7 or 6/8 k-d games. if i don't get 15 kills, i'm annoyed.

I take what I can get. Obviously I'd like to have a shit-ton of kills, but if things aren't going my way then I'll start playing a little more cautiously. I think I'd rather have 10 kills and a positive K/D then 20 kills and 30 deaths...

10 is a whole lot different than 6.

the point of TDM is to get 75 kills as a team. it's not a war of attrition. the point of the game is most kills, not least deaths. if someone contributes nothing to the game, they are a wasted player.

10 is a whole lot different than 6.

the point of TDM is to get 75 kills as a team. it's not a war of attrition. the point of the game is most kills, not least deaths. if someone contributes nothing to the game, they are a wasted player.

Exactly! Very well said. It's not a hearts and minds campaign.

Back