going to the track for the first time tonight HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i tried high and low rpms. how do i spool up my turbo. just rev it?

2.2 would be a really good launch/60ft on street tires. 1.8 is good with small slicks

Get a 2.2 and you'll see the results at the 1/8 mile for sure. 1/10 of a second at sixty foot can get 2/10 or more shaved off a the finish

I know this with 1/4 mile (no 1/8 mile tracks around me)

You can't really load your turbo (spool it) too high with streeet tires....you'll just spin out at that high of an RPM.

Your launch RPM can vary. Are you dumping the clutch and to the floor with the gas? Or are you easing it to the floor? That will affect the launch. You can launch higher and ease the gas down.

You can also lower your tires psi down to about half its limit of psi to get a little more rubber on the ground (just fill up before driving home)

Use the e-brake to load the clutch and simultaneously drop the e-brake, dump the clutch and ease the gas pedal to the floor.

Just mess around and try different things

i let all the air out of my tires.....15psi i think it was it seemed to help

Get some old 14" steels for the prelude s or whateva is 4 on 4-1/2

14" slick is a nice set up for your horsepower.

bigger rim/slick can be better or it can just snap you effing axles real quick lmao

accord....thats probably your cheapest for steel rims.

USed can be purchased cheaper but be weary and should look before you buy.

Ask at the track or start googling

I've found that unless you go crazy, a set of decent slicks will be around $300 a pair. And don't go with steelies, those things are HEAVY. Grab a pair of the lightest wheels you can find.

You're right about the weight ^^

I was just thinking cheap and $300 is about right for the slicks but you can find smaller 14 for cheaper with some searching.

Add some tire presure. Ppl always say drop your pressure cuz they dont understand that with a stiff sidewall street tire, droping pressure doesnt work like it does with slicks. Inflate your tires to the full recomended pressure, and drop it from there. I bet youll notice a drop in your 60fts before you get to 25 psi, and a gain after you start gettin lower than 25. Always make sure the tire pressures are the same from side to side. Also, a 2 second 60ft on street tires is pretty damn good for a FWD car.

The best way to spool your turbo in the lights is to get a 2 step. Theyre cheap and do just what you want. But, like it was already said, if your havin traction problems now theres no need to be spooled on the launch.

Well since the noober brought it back......... I am going out to the 1/4 mile track on friday!!!!!!!! I run 13-14's but my spped traps are always 117-118 mph..........lmao dam wheel spin!

I have dropped pressure on radial tires and have dropped times with better 60 foot times. In a N/A car too. (I'm talking 0.14 seconds but faster is faster) With a turbo, you'd see results too...although slicks are simply better.

Well first of all I have done a lot of drag racing have a few trophy's one second place. 17 inch wheels hurt a lot in racing like MDpsEG said a smaller tire with bigger side wall and me and my good friend who is a very good driver found that 24psi is the best setting for a smaller tire. Also try not hitting boost till second gear that might help. I haven't had much time in a turbo car yet just Nitrous. and try launching at 4-5000 and drag the clutch out slowly untill you get moving then lay into it. try them two to at launching.

Back