going to the track for the first time tonight HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well since the noober brought it back......... I am going out to the 1/4 mile track on friday!!!!!!!! I run 13-14's but my spped traps are always 117-118 mph..........lmao dam wheel spin!

damn dude! you should well into the 12s with that kinda trap speed. do you have a 2 step (launch control)? need to practice launching for sure. i was running consisitent low 13s at 105 mph with a 205/50 radial. now that im giong up 100+ whp im sure traction is really going to be a bitch! might be time for slicks for me too.

Cut as much weight as you can. I think it was 100 lbs lost is .1 second gain in the 1/4. Get some smaller light rims with larger side walls and good tread compound. I am keeping my stock Hx rims for this reason I run a 195/60R14 Falken H rated tire now. Have not tried them at the track yet but they grip way better than the econo tires I had before. Run your tires at around 20-25 psi, to low will cause more drag resulting in slower times. Not by much, few tenths. I would stay away from slicks until you get better at drag racing. You can break axles easily with slicks. Pre loading or drive train will help with launching. To do this pull and hold E brake and rev motor and let up clutch just until it starts to grab. When you launch let the E brake go and punch it. This takes all the slack out the the drive line and makes for better softer launches. So yeah and let the clutch slip in first gear. I know this sounds like the wrong thing to do but it keeps the tires from spinning. Spinning tires means less traction and lower 60fts. It is a bit harder on your clutch but hey its racing.

Last edited:
Back