H22 In A 92-95 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 25 2003, 03:38 PM
You need to compare a normal H22 to, say, a B18C1. I'm sure you'll find more comparable numbers.

place racing mounts are crap. plain and simple, im sure you would have a different outlook on this whole swap if you did it with hasport mounts.

and i have to second this you cant compare a build b18c to a factory h22 its like comparing a drag car to my car.

chet Posted on Feb 25 2003, 06:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'll give you specific reasons why i dislike the h22a.

first of all, the transmissions available for this motor are very weak to say the least. the cable shift linkage is also far worse than b-series shift linkage.

the design of the h22a is also inferior, and for a motor that comes from honda with 2.2 liters, 200hp and 160 torque really isn't that special.

i have friends with built b18c's and they are putting down 200+ hp and 140+ tq. several other guys i know have built crvtec's putting down 220+hp and 150+ tq. and this is all in a setup that is lighter and has a far better transmission.

just recently, skunk2 came out with a manifold for the h22a, and really there are only a few other companies that have even developed products for the h22a. you're options for cams are limited to type s cams, and skunk2, while jun, toda and others just don't have anything. pistons...once again its either custom pistons or type s pistons, and as far as rods i presume eagle can make a rod for the h22a but i'm not even sure if it exists...in fact i know of nobody in this area that has ever rebuilt an h22a...mainly because it has so little aftermarket support its barely worth rebuilding

Jun has 3 or 4 stages of cames and Toda has recently released cams for the H-series motor as well.....Pistons are everywhere for the H-series as well as Stroker kits to make the 2.2 a 2.6.....answer me this why does steph papadakis have a h23 with 22 head? on his old car?.....because in the end nothing can top displacement..... B) :spin:

On the contrary jun makes h-series parts and alot of other companies...

All in all B-series are pretty great.....but never underestimate an H-22.....13's stock? how great is that?....i think its potential makes up for the weight

HAHA, I GOT THOSE SAME MOUNTS... AND THEY WERE FUCT UP.. BENT.. LOOKED CLEAN THO.. WE MODIFIED THE MOUNTS, THE ENGINE SITS PERFECT. bUT NOW I HAVE THIS ATTS BULLSHIT...TOOK THAT OFF.. AND NOW I CANT FIND A INTERMEDIATE SHAFT THAT WILL BOLT UP..SO FOR NOW, THE CAR JUST SLEEPS :sleep: fuct! FUC JDM TYPE S ENGINES! :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 25 2003, 01:24 PM
Are you sure you don't have a Prelude Type SH engine? H22A4? That would make alot more sense.

Type SH: USDM, 200hp, ATTS
Type S: JDM, 220hp, LSD

What's the engine code on your engine?

And if it really had ATTS, no other intermediate shaft will work. You're kinda screwed there.

there is a H22 sol in milwaukee. the thing is fast as hell. but he also runs slicks on the streets. he launched w/the slicks and broke an integra axle. apparently going titanium. It's a quick car and COMPLETE sleeper. No suspension problems either and it sits completely normal

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Feb 26 2003, 03:02 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Feb 25 2003, 01:24 PM
Are you sure you don't have a Prelude Type SH engine? H22A4? That would make alot more sense.

Type SH: USDM, 200hp, ATTS
Type S: JDM, 220hp, LSD

What's the engine code on your engine?

And if it really had ATTS, no other intermediate shaft will work. You're kinda screwed there.

Do we need to get you help? You are asking yourself questions :p

Originally posted by Krazy4379@Feb 25 2003, 11:38 PM
All in all B-series are pretty great.....but never underestimate an H-22.....13's stock? how great is that?....i think its potential makes up for the weight

bro, I agree with you guys about the H22 being a superior engine but it doesn't run 13's in stock trim. Maybe in a stripped hatch on slicks with a rolling start.

Originally posted by Krazy4379@Feb 25 2003, 11:25 PM
chet Posted on Feb 25 2003, 06:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'll give you specific reasons why i dislike the h22a.

first of all, the transmissions available for this motor are very weak to say the least. the cable shift linkage is also far worse than b-series shift linkage.

the design of the h22a is also inferior, and for a motor that comes from honda with 2.2 liters, 200hp and 160 torque really isn't that special.

i have friends with built b18c's and they are putting down 200+ hp and 140+ tq. several other guys i know have built crvtec's putting down 220+hp and 150+ tq. and this is all in a setup that is lighter and has a far better transmission.

just recently, skunk2 came out with a manifold for the h22a, and really there are only a few other companies that have even developed products for the h22a. you're options for cams are limited to type s cams, and skunk2, while jun, toda and others just don't have anything. pistons...once again its either custom pistons or type s pistons, and as far as rods i presume eagle can make a rod for the h22a but i'm not even sure if it exists...in fact i know of nobody in this area that has ever rebuilt an h22a...mainly because it has so little aftermarket support its barely worth rebuilding

Jun has 3 or 4 stages of cames and Toda has recently released cams for the H-series motor as well.....Pistons are everywhere for the H-series as well as Stroker kits to make the 2.2 a 2.6.....answer me this why does steph papadakis have a h23 with 22 head? on his old car?.....because in the end nothing can top displacement..... B) :spin:

and JUN only makes 1 stage of cams for the H-series. They have two different kits with additional options but it is still the same cam. see link:
http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/cylinder...t/index.html?en

Also go the link below and read the last few replies:
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...t=ST&f=7&t=7647

Back