H22 In A Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93tegh22

wuts up guy,i wus wondering how bad the stearing is on an crx with a h22 and can u get around it.thanx

Eric

The steering on ur car when u do that, is going to be really hard to keep on the road around corners. it'll want to go strait. i dont think there is a way to get around it. there might be but im not the profesional in the h22 in 4th gen civic/crx field. Usually when people put these motors in, for drag use only. straight line.

i heard that if you do that swap then your steering will be shot heres what the guy told me "have a hefty friend sit on your hood and you can spin donuts forever cuz of all the weight but i have been thinking about doing this swap myself and i belive that if you customize your shock towers so that you can put prelude suspension on your car then you wont have a problem with your sterring at all..

The car CAN be turned just fine with an H22 in there. It's only 70 more pounds sitting in the front of your car. the engine sits a little different in the engine bay as well, but if you're really worried about the extra weight, you can get a CF hood and relocate the battery to the trunk, which offsets a good chunk of the weight gain.

Also, you don't need Prelude suspension components, just go with some good aftermarket shocks and springs.

I'M confused doesn't the h22 lean towards your firewall won't he have to do alot of custom just to put it in?

everyone bad mouths the h22 in a hatch or crx... granted the 4th gen hatch and crx h22 swaps need some hacking and cutting, but the handling cannot be that bad with only 70 more lbs. I say go for it, that motor is way torquey for a honda motor, and you will have a lot of fun in a crx with that thing, just make sure you have good suspension on it...
Good Luck...

Back