h22a swap prelude si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I took the AC out during the swap, but i turned the controls for it on and the fan still didn't come on. I replaced the fan with one off my other lude, still not working.

well that took forever to figure out. that is the map sensor from an OBD2 motor throttle body. Apparently they changed the location (from the firewall to the throttle body) in the generation change.

You are right the one on the back is your TPS sensor (after all it is attached to the pivot for the butterfly on the other side).

Purple from the first pic might be the EGR. Best guess I have. I know the diaphragm is on the right side, but i think the sensor is on the left.

Also, for the second fan not working, IIRC it requires the compressor to be engaged for it to kick on.

Last edited:
I have a map sensor on the firewall but that was there before i did the swap and that is the one i have hooked up right now. so, essentially i have 2 map sensors now and i have the wrong one hooked up? i just want to make sure i understand you right.

the driver side fan is the one not working and the pass side, well i only ever notice it kick on after the car heats up and i then turn it off, about 5 seconds of the car sitting there off the pass side fan turns on. I have yet to notice either fan come on while i'm actually driving.

might try switching em out, see if your problem goes away. but yes that's what im saying.

I dont remember which side the condenser is on, but the side that it takes up the fan shouldn't kick on unless the ac is actually running (not just pressing the button on the dash).

The wire wasn't long enough, i finally got it extended to reach the sensor on the throttle body. It didn't change much, but i didn't get to drive too much because the car started to overheat, hopfuly this weekend i can fix my fan issue.
It seems like its helping the lack of power at low rpms, but i still loose acceleration if i press the peddle too hard.

@Taog36 i have a 92 H23 Si that i recently swapped out with a JDM H22A, my question for you is how did you get your vtec to work with the H23 wiring harness that doesn't have the vtec wires/plugs? Also I went with a Mugen chipped P13 ecu but im also having the same problems with my swap that you are lack of power and sputtering at higher rpms. I have done this swap before in an identical prelude with this same motor prior to this that didn't give me any problems.

Anybody else got any info would GREATLY be appreciated!!!!

Ermmm...in order for VTEC to work you need to add the VTEC wiring. It's not hard to add; it's just a few wires. There are write-ups on this site or you can just Google it...

i have a 94 PRELUDE that i bought from a guy that put a h22a motor in it but the computer is still the stock one i got the right computer but need a wiring harness (Jumper Harness) does anyone no where i can get one

Back