H22A Swap to 67 volvo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VolvoPimp

I have a 67 volvo and it needs some power so I want to drop a H22A into it and I want to know what king of rear end to put into it?

WTF. You might want to try a volvo board. We are 99.9% FWD drive guys on here. The h22's tranny is set up for fwd so I do not know how the fuck to hook that up. Why don't you just get a mount kit for a 5.7l Chevy or 5.0l Ford engine, its tried and true in volvos.

I also forgot you will need to do a lot of mods to make it run on carbs, becuase it will be damn near impossible to run fi and an ecu.

Originally posted by jeff@Jul 7 2003, 08:54 PM
Why don't you just get a mount kit for a 5.7l Chevy or 5.0l Ford engine, its tried and true in volvos.

:werd:
saw one at autoX last weekend .... fucking BADDDDD ASSSSS

why in the fuck would you put a FWD honda engine in a RWD heavy ass car ???? :bash:

Since this is your first post, why don't you take it in the rear end bastard.

If you really want to know, get soem type of correct volvo rear end, one that had RWD and try to mate that to your chassis and then just conncet with soem shitty driver shaft.

Milan

I'm assuming your 1967 volvo is the one that makes a geo look spacious. If this is the case the best thing you could do for it would be drop a old MG engine in, there's actually a decent aftermarket for them and it should fit in the volvos engine bay. Also since the MG is rear wheel you can use it's transmission and just get a custom driveshaft keep the volvo rear. Personaly I think it's a waste of time but to each his own

Originally posted by VolvoPimp@Jul 7 2003, 07:30 PM
I have a 67 volvo and it needs some power so I want to drop a H22A into it and I want to know what king of rear end to put into it?

haha, just put that H22 in the trunk :)

you would probably get better advice by posting @ www.brickboard.com

Back