Helllllllllpp!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwn2low

Ok,
I was talking to a freind today that owns a shop about my engine swap. I have a 93 B18a1 engine and was going to put it in my 92 hatchback. He said it would be a pain in the butt and don't do it. To go with the b18b. I already have the engine and the HASPORT B series mounts. Is he right that this swap should not be done and i should sale the engine and buy a diffrent one, or is he just pulling my leg to buy one from him? I also have the cable clutch conversion for the cable tranny.

Mark
Thanks

If he's wrong what all will i need for this swap besides engine , mounts, and cable conversion?

Ya,you already have all the parts,so you might as well go for it.IMO it is better to stick with like components ie hydaulic clutch,but that's just me.

Originally posted by dwn2low@Apr 9 2003, 04:05 AM
Ok, tnx. Do you think I will be happy with the 93 LS engine? Verses going with a b16a2?

Mark

IMO,no,but it's better than stock :)

if i can put a b18a1 in my 88 crx im sure it will fit in your car, plus got a friend with h22 in 92 cx hatch -- very very tight fit

I don't see why the swap would be a problem. The 92-93 B18A1 is obd1, like your civ, plus it puts out more torque than a B16A. IMO, it would be better for boost, if you decide to go that route. Go with it, and if you want to change to a B16A or B18C later on, all you'll need is a new longblock and ecu-- just keep the cable tranny and HASport mounts. Keep in mind that you will need an integra firewall-mounted MAP sensor and IAC and FPR solenoid assembly. And MAYBE a resistor box for the injectors (I'm not sure if the 92-93 used one). Just see page 174 of the newest (May 2003) Sport Compact Car for details. If you need the page, I can scan it and email it to you. Good Luck.

Back