Hondata VS. VAFC, in ALL MOTOR setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtecvx

Has anyone switched from VAFC to Hondata in all motor setup, any gains?

i had a V-AFC but never installed it, i forgot i had it and went straight for a HONDATA... so im a HONDATA WHORE too

:D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 24 2002, 01:19 AM
pills pmd did... he is now a hondata whore

:werd: I used to think he worked for Hondata like ALLJDM or some shit :)

hondata OWNZ the vafc

my before/after timeslips are amazing:

before: couldn't break 16.000
after: 14.835 @ 93.61

can't beat it.... look for faster times next season, we've been working on a new ROM!!

and i got those rotas and s-03's :)

Hondata took almost 2 seconds off your time, when you switched from a VAFC, and Honda ECU.
Were u tuning the VAFC your self.
I have a JUN ECU with a VAFC and put out 232 to wheels.
SETUP; JUN 3s, portflow head, 310's, skunk 2 vlaves, 12:5.1 Wiseco pistons,
JG Victorx manifold, 68 MM TB, DC 4-1 Headers w/2.5" collector
Dyno tuned VAFC, I dont think I will see more than maybe 8 horses with Hondata, Im running 18 degrees of timing and not so much as a ping from my engine on 93 gas, 100 when I run

i think YOU will benefit more than anyone from hondata. the more mods you have, the more tuning is required.

Originally posted by lsvtecvx@Dec 25 2002, 05:36 PM
Hondata took almost 2 seconds off your time, when you switched from a VAFC, and Honda ECU.
Were u tuning the VAFC your self.
I have a JUN ECU with a VAFC and put out 232 to wheels.
SETUP; JUN 3s, portflow head, 310's, skunk 2 vlaves, 12:5.1 Wiseco pistons,
JG Victorx manifold, 68 MM TB, DC 4-1 Headers w/2.5" collector
Dyno tuned VAFC, I dont think I will see more than maybe 8 horses with Hondata, Im running 18 degrees of timing and not so much as a ping from my engine on 93 gas, 100 when I run

yo ur running 93 octane with 12.5:1 compression on the street? how does the motor run? any problems with detonation or spontaneous combustion.

so its safe to have 93 octane with 12.5 (or 6):1 compression?

yeah its fine, its all about tuning!!! just like B said... personally i run 12.8:1 compression pistons on the street with a stock head [until next week] :evil look: :evil laugh:...

i also run the Hondata tuned by Ericks racing and Zero Factory, i only run 91 ocatane on the street [damn california and their stupid 91 octane]... i have NO DETONATION ISSUES WHATSOEVER :D

I just got hondata but still tryin to figure out how to make the freakin chips any takers?

wow. you must be completely untalented. do you have a stage 4? do you have a pocket programmer? do you have the intronics emulator?

Back