How hot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sk8er602

How hot will my factory exhaust manifold get, is there any kind of glue or expoy that can deal with that high of heat.

I need to know b/c my o2 sensors threads came off and dont fell like droping a 100+ on a new one

Originally posted by sk8er602@Aug 14 2005, 12:11 PM
How hot will my factory exhaust manifold get, is there any kind of glue or expoy that can deal with that high of heat.

I need to know b/c my o2 sensors threads came off and dont fell like droping a 100+ on a new one
[post=539878]Quoted post[/post]​

1200F, i believe.

Real fucking hot :) Just weld it back in.

no glue or epoxy can take that. at least not the kind of crap you can buy over the counter. It's not that hard to weld.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Aug 15 2005, 05:01 PM
JB weld is the only thing i can think of that will take that heat. Just amek sure you give it plenty of time to cure.
[post=540229]Quoted post[/post]​

I think JB is only good till about 350 degrees, could be wrong.

One time my EGR pipe broke off from my EM (89 prelude).
JB weld will not hold it, it melts off like butter.
I did find a silver almost concrete looking material in a tube at AutoZone by the exhaust repair kits, the more heat it takes, the harder it gets, it worked really well actually.

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Aug 15 2005, 01:12 PM
I did find a silver almost concrete looking material in a tube at AutoZone by the exhaust repair kits, the more heat it takes, the harder it gets, it worked really well actually.
[post=540374]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah i bet it works good. how do you plan on getting it out?

jb weld melts then runs onto everything like snot, hopefully some shop close to me can weld it back, thanks for the help

JB Weld cured my grandma's cancer. It saved the 101st airborne during WWII. And it tastes great on toast. :blink:

That stuffs good for everything BUT high heat stuff, although I have heard of people using it to seal cracked engine blocks. Dunno if that's true though. I used it to fix my compound miter saw. Kicked ass.

Originally posted by confusatron@Aug 17 2005, 07:46 AM
It saved the 101st airborne during WWII.
[post=541086]Quoted post[/post]​

That's SuperGlue, JB Weld wasn't created till the seventies. <_<

Originally posted by drpenguin+Aug 15 2005, 04:09 PM-->
VTECin5th
@Aug 15 2005, 01:12 PM
[post=540374]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah i bet it works good. how do you plan on getting it out?
[post=540397]Quoted post[/post]​

i said workED
I sold the car a long time ago, i never planned on getting it out.
I also JB Welded the injectors in becuz the o-rings kept melting.
Yep.. i sold that car :lol:

Back