i get my hatch back today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

my car has had a fucked up distirbitor for the last 4 months and i put it off till i could do a swap plus i haven't got my money yet and couldn't wait much longer for a swap so i decided to fix it cuz it's my only car. i just spent 308 dollars on it that was for a oem distribitor, oem distribitor cap and rotor plus labor that was done at the local honda dealership. i went to another auto shop right before and the said it would cost before labor 300 dollars i m like fuck that and oem is better. sence my car is running better i m going get my swap and do some top end work to it and what not and put the swap off till spring.

damn.. you got lucky. i had a new dist, OEM, put in, and it cost me 700 bones, but i had a few otehr things put in..

308? thats all? i been thinking of putting in a new dist. in my car just cause its got so many miles on it already but figured it would be about twice that much.

i m not sure what was doneb ut they use some parts that was on my old distribitor to make the new one work. distribitor was like 125-150 i dont remember how much the part was but it was cheaper to do it at honda tehn any where else.

For about $300 you could of picked up an MSD 6AL, MSD Blaster SS Coil and a new rotor and cap, and all you'd need the distributor for is the rotation off the cam gear.

dude i have a cx why would i do that. if i bought that i had to pay someone to put it on and wold of cost more

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Oct 5 2002, 11:21 AM
dude i have a cx why would i do that. if i bought that i had to pay someone to put it on and wold of cost more

do it yourself.. buy a manual, make a friend, suck off a mechanic (NOT REALLY, SICKOS)

damn kid $300 is cheap...i had a carb. civic @ werk and they wanted $700 for a complete oem dist.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx+Oct 6 2002, 01:45 PM-->
Originally posted by slohnda@Oct 5 2002, 11:01 PM
92CivicCx
@Oct 5 2002, 11:21 AM

do it yourself.. buy a manual, make a friend, suck off a mechanic (NOT REALLY, SICKOS)

could i still use it when i swap? if i couldn't i dont think its worth it.

yes, you could still use the msd 6al and blaster coil after you swap.

Back