I got my GED results in today....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
First off, let me start by telling you about the scoring system.

There are 5 test, Writing, Social Studies, Science, Liteature, and Mathematics.

In order to pass 1 test you need to score at least 420points the best score you can recieve is I believe 780.

In order to pass the GED you need to AVG 450points so if you get 420, 430, 420, 700, and 700 you would pass becuase your avg would be higher then 450. 450X5 is 2250 so in order to pass you need 2250points.

I took the test last month and heres how I felt about it.

Math was first it went REALLY well! I felt that I got all but one question right.

Writing/Essay the writing part was not bad at all but the essay as most of you know... well I could only hope it went well and IMO I felt that I did pretty good.

Science. Eh not bad at all, pretty straight foward.

Social Studies. I felt ok about this one, some of the questions were rather hard to answer but I figured I did well enough to pass..... so I hoped =)

Literature.... Bah the first page was GREAT after that.... it was all down hill I didnt care for the questions and I really didnt like the answer lol=) after taking the test
I felt that literature was the hardest thing on the test and figured if I failed anything it would be this.

welp heres the run down on my scores

Writing, 460 points 34% EAK only thing I can figure is I scored a 2 on the essay and did 80-90% of the writing test quetions right.... damn essay! but still I passed at 460points Sigh....... =) yay

Social Studies I felt iffy about this. 610 points, 86% WOOHOO!

Scince, 570 points 76%

Mathmatics, 550 points, 69% damn I thought I did MUCH better then that... ohwell it must be true about having tricky questions that make you do the wrong thing to figure out your answer.

Now for the one I worried about the most.... Literture!... =( wait a min..... 760 points, 99% WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how the hell did I manage that....... wow I have no idea..

points needed 2250, points recieved 2950.

I guess that makes me edumakated

Thanks everyone for all the help! Even though my essay was the worst thing on the test lol =) either way I passed WOOHOO

Jeff

Originally posted by SasSi@Aug 11 2004, 10:39 PM
Congrats! Now you're an educated high school drop out! :lol: JK!!
[post=375712]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Great for you Jeffie. What's next?

you didn't strike me as the GED type...........oh well, congrats..................now get a real job......jk

Its good to see you realized that you need educatation, no matter what you do. No one is going to hire a HS dropout. Congradulations man.

Just so you know Jeffie........your High School diploma wether it be a GED or normal diploma had no fucking bearing on your future. I know plenty of people that make pretty damn good money with GED's in their past.

What matters is that you got it, and now thats behind you............now you should focus on the next five years.

Nothing like being 21 and getting a high school diploma. I take it you will enroll in college at the youthful age of 27? :)

Forget it Jeffie. I had two degrees and a diploma several years ago. It took five years for someone to ask for proof, and that included the Police not asking. State Corrections asked for it when I applied there.

I have an AA, and an AS in Criminal Justice. Spank spank, whateva. No one will ask you for proof. Just lie. If they ask for proof, don't call back. :p

Good job man.

Back