Iab....

• Thread starter viciousracing
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

V

viciousracing

okay guys, i heard a lot of things.....gettin tweek here.....i heard that OBD1 B18C1 IAB uses ground for power. Then, i heard it uses the 12v......then again i heard that OBD1 uses ground and OBD2 uses 12v. what is really wrong here? i'm hella confused talkin about IAB for like the whole week now. :blink:

okay... once and for all:

OBD1 b18c1:

the iab will have the following wires coming off of it:
-yellow/black
-------> this wire has a 12v constant whenever the key is on from the main pgm-fi relay

-pink/blue
---------> this is the wire that goes to the ECU and the ECU grounds it to turn it on... pin a17

where is the IAB located. I heard it a black box or sumthin under or near the IM. any suggestions?

the 12v doesn't go to the ecu. it comes from the main pgm-fi relay.

you could really tap into any 12v + source that has power when the key is on.

the ECU ground teh solenoid to complete the circuit and turn the IAB solenoid on

what will be a good source to tap it into?

i dont have the diagram in front of me anymore... and i've never done this , i'm just going by diagrams so i really can't say

get a voltmeter and do some detective work. find a Key on ignition off power source

on the helms manual, it post out one wire to A17. then the other points out to a square with a B in the center.....i only have one page of the diagram......whats the square with the B in the center for......i think it'll solve what i'm lookin for...

anyone has the Key for it?

The one wire goes to A17 (usually pink) and the other is a 12V power source(yell/blk). Just tap a yell/blk wire from one of your injectors. The stock wiring diagram says to tap the VSS(yell/blk) wire. The injector wires are just closer.

VSS=velocity sensor switch

so i just take the yell/blk wire from IAB and attach it to one of the injector wires?

The yell/blk wire is a 12V power source keyed to the ignition. I have mine spliced in with my VSS switch. If you trace them back to the ECU they plug into A25.

Back