Inspection

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok so my last inspection didnt go so well, so i took it to a new guy. but this guy found even more stuff that the last guy didnt. he said that all my suspension stuff was aftermarket and will fail if its not OEM. i have ground control coilovers and progress struts. im going crazy here, i have next to no money, and how in the hell am i supposed to replace my whole suspension just to pass inspection? he even failed my rotors for being cross drilled and slotted, once again a non OEM part = fail. he also failed me wheels and tires becuase they are 17's, he said they were too big, thats bullshit, i know it, but i cant argue with the guy bc im not an 'expert' and he would say im not qualified to make that decision or w/e. i mean is there something i dont know that everyone else does about this shit. im at a loss here and any help will be appreciated. im in baltimore, MD and if anyone can direct me to a place that i can pay off or w/e, someone please help me!!!

Its called, find someone out of state and register the vehicle there, or go away from down town baltimore to some shit dump town in the middle of nowhere and pay them off. All of that OEM shit is stupid, if its 50 state legal, then show him the proof and always stick those carb, 50 state legal stickers under your hood to show the assholes its legal. Those people there are being worse than Cali, and that isn't right.

man that is so messed up. how do u dress when you go? im starting to think maybe they dont like the way you look or something. do u wear your pants low and/or have purple hair or tattoos/piercing or something?? or is your car painted with custom paint/stickers or something? im just wondering, really. then again, maybe you just found two complete assholes by chance..or they are ALL complete assholes giving inspections in MD. My cousin said that if i needed to know a place that passes cars illegally, i could ask at a local speed/performance shop. try that. they would be the ones who know. better yet, ask your racing buddies at the track/street races. good luck man!

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jan 26 2003, 03:46 AM
man that is so messed up. how do u dress when you go? im starting to think maybe they dont like the way you look or something. do u wear your pants low and/or have purple hair or tattoos/piercing or something?? or is your car painted with custom paint/stickers or something? im just wondering, really. then again, maybe you just found two complete assholes by chance..or they are ALL complete assholes giving inspections in MD. My cousin said that if i needed to know a place that passes cars illegally, i could ask at a local speed/performance shop. try that. they would be the ones who know. better yet, ask your racing buddies at the track/street races. good luck man!

lol, i was wearing a tshirt and jeans and sneakers, didnt know i had to dress up for inspection? <_< and my cars not pained crazy either its factory red. i have a bodykit (no flames, its the ww kit) and a hood, but those arent painted either, lol. i think they are nit picking assholes. im at a loss, even tho cali's laws are bullshit i wish i lived there so at least i could aske someone on here where to go, im sure someone on here knows where to go in cali :lol:

haha here in NC its pretty easy to pass inspection; a friend of mine got his car fully modded, and to pass inspection all he had to do was put in his oem exaust (cept for the headers; all he needed was a cat).

I live in fla. and until recently I had never known about inspections, we just never have any :D hey gsrcrxsi you should move to fla. :lol:

Back