Is It Worth It

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Do you have to any mods to the firewall to put an h22 in a ef hatch? Is it worth going with an h22 being that is anywhere from 1-2k less than a gsr???? What would be a be the way to go????

Yes the H22 is a cheaper motor than the GSR,but it cost more to get into the car and by the time your done,it cost a bit more.I think the estimate is around $3500-$4000 after mounts,shiftlinkage,axles,wiring,ecu etc...

you know i gotta throw my 2 cents in mang!! lol. :p I can only speak from my experience. BUT my h22 swap is cheaper than a gsr swap.... the cheapest gsr swap i found was $3000 and im under that. But it will vary for everyone, ive seen people ask $3000 for h22 swap. which is a joke. But they get the $3000. You just gotta shop.

You're right it is different from place to place and person to person.I can get the whole swap done for around $2500,but I am in Germany and have unlimited access to the parts(as long as the cash is there :D ).Some people may spend in excess of $4000 to get it in their car.If you search around long enough everything is cheaper.

i found the motor itself for $2500 includes mounts, shift linkage, ecu, tranny, clutch, everything,. I am just wondering if by doing the swap myself will it be difficult to do?? Do i need to push the firewall back and what other mods may i have to do the the engine bay?

You found a H22 or GSR?If it is a H22 you need mounts from a aftermarket supplier,HAsport or Place.You need to get different axles to make it work in your car,I believe.Do a search for H22 swap and you will get at least one post that has a complete parts list.

putting an h22 in an EF hatch adds a few expences, the only mounts that i know of for that are place racing mounts. then you are going to need axels and the entire shift cable thingy, i am not sure what it is really called. then there is going to be some cutting and welding to get the motor to fit. you will need to for sure relocate your battery to the trunk. I think by the time you are done you will have spent the cost of getting the GSR in there, maybe a little more.

They forgot to mention that you gotta cut the frame to fit the motor,get a smaller radiator,relocate the battery,racing axles,linkage,mounts, and it will be better to rewire it to obd1 but then you have to use a gsr comp. chipped.
Besides the fact that the motor will sit very low and the crank pulley will hit the radius arms so you will need different one's.

Back