Isabelle approaches

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

here in King George, VA its been raining all day but its been about 2 hours of really harsh winds (i'd say about 40-50mph). I'm pretty sure that this is already the beginning. My house has already been hit by 2 trees. 1 barley touching the top left side of our house, but taking out our satelite (bastards!!) and the other three hitting and sliding off the ride side and taking out our power line. :(

since i live out in bumfuck it will probably be a good 1-2 days before we get power again. :(

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 18 2003, 08:21 PM
any updates?

So a Massachusetts man drowned today off Narrangansett Beach in Rhode Island. He and his wife were out walking their dog. They were on the rocky outcroppings when he slipped and fell into the water. The Coast Guard was there in minutes, but it was too late. I saw some footage from that beach on the news and the waves looked pretty wild. There were some people fishing on the rocks even after that tragedy. :(

Isabelle is pretty much over for us right now, just some light wind gusts (25-30 mph) and drizzle. The damage hasn't really been that bad. Just a few trees down and light flooding, nothing major. The power is out at my house right now so that really sucks. Had to go to my parents to raid the fridge. I've been through many hurricanes, but so far this seems to be one of the least damaging of them. Probably because it was moving so fast (20-25mph) which is extremely fast for a hurricane.

Back