It Started On 420...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nah it all depends i mean when i went to UTI i didnt know alot about cars ill be the first to admit it. and in the beginning i didnt take it serious, but now im a certified Ford tech and a Volvo tech. so it all depends on the person. but i will have to gree there are alot of people there that dont care and they mess it up for the people that are actually there to learn.

The problem with UTI is that the lowest common denominator brings EVERYONE down. Not to mention a lot of the core classes are totally outdated. Does anyone really ever use a 5-gas analyzer? Nope.

But the upside is that with so many fuckups and so many people who just "get by" teachers do notice the people that try their hardest and get shit done. I agree the school can teach anybody on how to be proficient with cars, but some people have "the gift" and some just plain don't.

thats about how it is in my vocational school too, and the good thing about it is going into UTI i can have 4 or 5 (i think) ASE certifications through my school, so ill only have to pass a couple more at UTI (if i understand all this right)

thats about how it is in my vocational school too, and the good thing about it is going into UTI i can have 4 or 5 (i think) ASE certifications through my school, so ill only have to pass a couple more at UTI (if i understand all this right)
UTI doesn't give any ASE's :shrug2:

ASEs are outdated and a bit archaic unless you work at an independent or domestic dealer. Just my .02.

Congrats on the graduation!
Hope that a great job opportunity presents itself to you and your family!

ASEs are outdated and a bit archaic unless you work at an independent or domestic dealer. Just my .02.
I agree but i'm still going to get a1-a8. It's just a personal goal.

when my brother was in there they did? i thought?
I had to get mine on my own...

Congrats on the graduation!
Hope that a great job opportunity presents itself to you and your family!

yeah i had to get mine on my own they dont pay for it or hold it at the campus. i dont think they ever did cuz i asked the teachers if they ever did and they told me no

Back