ITB with apexi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

krystianitr

Hi I have ecu obd1 and chip and tune apexi VAFC II, now I would like put ITB :my question if I put itb my car(Integra Type R) working???with chip and Apexi???THX

sorry for my English, I don`t speak good enough.I have ecu obd1 and chip and tune apexi VAFC II, now I would like to put ITB in ITR :my question is will it work if I put itb into my car(Integra Type R)???Will ITB work with chip and Apexi???THX

What I think you're trying to ask is if ITB's will work with just a chipped ECU and a VAFC...and the short answer is no.

ITB's are a bitch and a half to tune, and you really should run at LEAST Hondata (or Crome, before B throws a hissyfit) with them. On top of that, they might as well not be considered streetable at all, and plan on spending hundreds of hours of dyno time to get them tuned.

And if you do go through all that, be prepared to tune them regularly, as it seems to be pretty common for them to act completely different on a daily basis.

So no, you need a lot more than a VAFC and a chip to run ITB's.

Originally posted by krystianitr@Jul 9 2005, 12:31 PM
sorry for my English, I don`t speak good enough.I have ecu obd1 and chip and tune apexi VAFC II, now I would like to put ITB in ITR :my question is will it work if I put itb into my car(Integra Type R)???Will ITB work with chip and Apexi???THX
[post=523173]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you
My car will be used on street.I think I tune for uberdate

Like Wil said, since this is a street car, I would not recommend you running ITB's.

they are a LOT of work to get running right, and tend to be very unpredictable.

I would never even consider them for use on a daily driver.

sorry, i have to disagree.

i have a b16a w/ cbr 954 throttles, running a obd-0 pw0 chipped ecu w/ a vafc II that i self tuned from maps that i used from a friend of mine off of his built b16a ITB setup w/ same throttles, and i drove over 400 miles last night with them. i installed them the night before aswell.

it is possible, but it's alot of tuning & there are risks, but you just have to watchout for them, and be smart about it.

the friend of mine from nevada has a built b16a that he had obd-0 chipped, tuned with a vafc constantly making trips from nevada to northern california, but now went with a hondata s300 setup.

as it may not be recommended, it's possible.

sorry, i have to disagree.

i have a b16a w/ cbr 954 throttles, running a obd-0 pw0 chipped ecu w/ a vafc II that i self tuned from maps that i used from a friend of mine off of his built b16a ITB setup w/ same throttles, and i drove over 400 miles last night with them. i installed them the night before aswell.

it is possible, but it's alot of tuning & there are risks, but you just have to watchout for them, and be smart about it.

the friend of mine from nevada has a built b16a that he had obd-0 chipped, tuned with a vafc constantly making trips from nevada to northern california, but now went with a hondata s300 setup.

as it may not be recommended, it's possible.

1. Hi, I'm 2005. I haven't seen you in...oh...what's it been, over a year?

2. You drove 400 miles? Congrats. I've put well over 400 miles on a motor before it grenaded because I fucked up on something internally.

3. Has your car/engine seen a dyno since your 'self tune' ? Since you didn't state any hp/tq figures as compared to stock, I'm guessing not. Just because it's running doesn't mean it's making power, much less MORE power.

and something tells me you havent experienced the world of changing intake temps. its not the fact that itbs will blow your engine, its like running a carbed race car.

RUUUUNN....tune tune tune.....RUNNNNNN....TUNE... RUUUNNNN.
yeah i uped my et by 3 tenths.

the next day its a whole different story.

thats why we say itbs arent streetable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back