JDM B20Vtec Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Were probably going to bolt the tranny (lol), I mean trans up on Saturday. Its too cold tonight. Its dropping down to the 30s. I got some pics I post those either tonight or tomorrow sometime

Hey guys I have GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

We got the car BACK ON THE ROAD for the SECOND TIME LOL!!!

However I went and got that GSR Trans with LSD and we bolted it up today!!! It works GREAT! LSD is locking and All 5 gears plus Reverse working great.

MAN THIS CAR IS FAST

It spins from 1st - 4th

I took the car on an abandon road and got to 130 in 4th gear before I let off the throttle.

I am guessing somewhere about 220-230 to the wheels right now.

I will be getting in dynoed soon and I will post the numbers. So we will know eventually!

I have a few other problems though. I'm getting wheel hop from hell also the starter wire keeps coming out.

I need to figure out how to get rid of the wheel hop so its drivable and need to come up with a way to prevent the starter wire from coming out.

Guys when I put this thing in neutral it drives straight down the road like an automatic would in drive. it was crazy lol.

If you guys have any ideas on whole I can resolve a few of these issues I'm all ears.

This thing is a TORQUE MONSTER

Last edited:
Well I do need new tires. probably need to get wider low-profile tires with better traction.

One of my tires is starting to separate and is starting to dry rot a little bit lol.

So yes Tires would help a lot.

But that doesn't resolve the wheel hop though. I mean it hops like a frog man

Stiffen up the suspension and get some nice tires. my friends RSX had a lot of wheelhop and when he switched to street-grade solid motor mounts it cut down on it a lot because the motor is flexing less in the bay.

Ok so traction bars, I need skunk2 1 by 1 pieces pro series, solid street grade motor mounts.

What about getting a torque damper? Are those good to use too or a waste of money?

Also my friend thats helped put everything together thinks I should not boost it. He says its already fast and says I will end up making it unstreetable. Is this true?

I figure if I buy all the things to stiffen up the suspension and its tuned right I should be able to drive with no problems or am I wrong?

dont listen to most clowns that dont know what they are talking about, as far as wheel hopping if I had to guess you have blown struts, need some good suspension under it and a decent wheel/tire combo and it should hook , also engine/trans mounts can create wheel hop my ST stock wheel hopped like a mofo until I put reinforced mounts in it

I'd enjoy it N/A for a while. I'd go ahead and do the Hondata thing and get a nice dyno tune and drive it for a while. Spend some time "learning" the car, seat time is key. Stiffen up the suspension, maybe the mounts, and then if you're still not happy with the performance look into a turbo. You can always boost later.

Thats very true.

What about the Torque damper? i've read ingalls, weapon r, and a couple others should work. Are these worth buying? I don't mind buying it just don't want to by things that don't serve a purpose. LMK

proper suspension and traction bars will help.
This is your best focus for wheel hop. My opinion is good (not worn out) shocks. Old shocks do a crappy job with slowing down the spring's rebound and a worn out shock lets the spring just have a blast as the tires chatter. Traction bar is pretty much essential for any hard off line acceleration.

Ok no problem. what brands do you guys recommend. Because I want to buy the best parts for everything that I need. I've already got about $8,000.00 in my car right now whats another $10,000 lol

Suspension brands.....I've done my research and I have my opinions (that can/will differ from others) but when it comes to coilovers and $100-2500 it's your money. I think a great street set up is piecing together a good shock and ground control coilover set up. I've rode in 2 Skunk2 set ups....one had stiffer spring rates and both rode really rough compared to other set ups I've driven. Like I said, I got my opinions lol. I know a few guys that like their Function and Form Type 1 set ups but never rode in one.

They are on sale right now for $500 brand new, thats not a bad price. Are they really that good? Function and Form Type 1

Also I'm having a hard time finding places that sell traction bars, any suggestions?

Back