JDM B20Vtec Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

exactly what Cafrog said get you a nice set of shocks even oe replacement and a set of ground control coilover sleeves for best performance/ride quality combo , and lets you lower easy 1.5-2 inch and still be in that lowered sweet spot and not be bottomed out , meh no traction bars needed 110% new shock/spring assembly and a actual wheel/tire combo and some nice engine/trans mounts will make the car drive completely different

i think that link is for w/ a k-series swap. probably want a different part number for a bseries swap

Hey guys I have a small update. The transmission I bought, I don't believe its a GSR trans. I believe its a B16 SiR LSD Transmission. It is geared VERY short.

My main question: Is there a definitive way to tell if it is or not? Now the serial number plate shows it being a DC2 which I thought was a GSR but its very hard to believe this trans is a GSR.

Any thoughts?

lol dude just drop the SIR stuff man everything in this post you have thought was SiR , honda kids are all about jdm this jdm that SIR blah blah its not all its cracked up to be and usually ends up being just USDM stuff lol not trying to be a dick just saying , your original post was like b20 sir bottom end (no such thing) sir head sir trans yada yada, funny thing is all bseries vtec heads are identical casting with just different cams/intake

@dilbeckskate GSR head is very different from B16 &Type R which are SIMILAR but still not the same. Not sure which is worse, your information or your attitude. Idk how many forum posts I've seen cover the difference between the heads but its a lot, the GSR even has a casting number of P72 whereas the ITR is cast as a "PR3". GSR has smaller combustion chambers which lead to higher compression. B16 head is also a PR3 but ultimately different in that the type R head is a b16 head with the quenches in the combustion chamber reworked for more compression. If you're going to be salty for no reason at least get your facts straight.

To the OP, I'm 99% sure it's a GSR trans just based on what you told us prior, and they're both so short (the b16 being even shorter). A good resource I often refer back to is this b series transmission guide...
https://hondaswap.com/threads/b-series-transmission-guide.29099/

Also use Brian's calculator. I had some confusion as to whether i had a GSR or LS trans once and that was what ended up settling it for me (the VIN plate on mine was gone)

you are correct on heads but all the parts are interchangeable besides different generation intakes, I went kind of on a rant I was just reading over this then got to the latest post about ctr stuff , and still we don't know if the engine is even modified internally other than his butt dyno, I dont want to catch any negative stuff off this and administrators can delete my comments that's fine I just wanted to clarify with Block head and trans stamping we can tell exactly what it is no need to play guessing game, and like any other engine unless paperwork on "build" assume its stock

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161220-124756.png
    Screenshot_20161220-124756.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 301
im 100% sure a b20v w/ gsr trans 00 is still fun as hello to drive though and 200+ hp, butt am willing to bet there isnt a CTR part on the car

Hey guys I have a small update. The transmission I bought, I don't believe its a GSR trans. I believe its a B16 SiR LSD Transmission. It is geared VERY short.

My main question: Is there a definitive way to tell if it is or not? Now the serial number plate shows it being a DC2 which I thought was a GSR but its very hard to believe this trans is a GSR.

Any thoughts?
Please share numbers (anywhere) on the trans......but.......the case may not be the guts (internals) so maybe a lost cause.

I know 5th gear is shorter in a B16A/B16A3/B16A2 than a GSR (USDM B18C1)

Last edited:
No the motor is stamped B20b . But you can believe what you want I don't care. I love my car. I have a pretty cool fast motor. and now an lsd trans. I'm piecing it together but its coming together nicely. I will have my money next week the 28th. So my first day off from work after that I'm ganna take the car to CFT in orlando and get the hondata installed get the car tuned and dyno it and have them/I check the internals so we will know once and for all and we will get whp numbers on the motor with the dyno.

In the mean time I'm ganna copy all the stamps. and post it here. And yes there is such thing as an SiR B20b bottom end/motor look it up. It was sold overseas and not available in the US. I mean I really have absolutely nothing to prove to you. I just like posting about my car man. but whatever.

Before DBS goes off again I just want to clarify the B20b is from a variety of otherwise "normal" vehicles. The bottom end has never seen use in any SiR type vehicles overseas or otherwise. Not trying to be a dick, but like when I was new to Hondas a little knowledge can save a lot of awkward moments around other car people. There are a lot of less forgiving car enthusiasts (esp Honda people) out there unfortunately.

Before I swapped a b20 into my last Integra RS I found this guide useful, because the B20b is a murky subject at times.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...174800&share_fid=90913&share_type=t b20 guide
Although seeing as you can take yours to 9.2k rpms that tells me the entire bottom end has been overhauled at which point it really doesnt matter what car it came from.

I am excited to see some dyno numbers though. I'm going to take a stab at it and say 208whp... with 176wtq. Conservatively. Hopefully more but this way I expect to be pleasantly surprised.

Im also excited to see what it makes too , but yes as said above there are MANY different b20bs and not a single one was a SiR application, also revving it to 9200 rpm doesnt tell us anything about the bottom end and btw you are just begging to stack a bearing or drop a valve revving it that high it probably makes 0 power after 7000 rpms , again not being rude or a dick

Back