JDM B20Vtec Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Low hp tune is your best option then. But, at even the 250whp mark, who knows how it will hold up.

Or....go 10-12lbs or....okay 18lbs...sure that'll work. And have fun with a tow truck a call away. TURBO!!

My car finally runs!!!

I tried posting a video but couldn't figure out how to do it...

Here's an update with pics.

Finally got it running again and man does it sound good. Waiting on valve cover to be finished. Its almost done.

And the last thing to do is to fix the hole in the hood and weld on a 2 bolt flange and a 3 bolt flange for the midpipe with gaskets to finish up the exhaust. And install vacuum/boost push locks and 5 bolt downpipe exhaust flange.

Positive Results So Far:

Changing the oil gaskets, seals, and orings along with getting the itr oil pump, oil line to head for vtec and new oil feed line to turbo did wonders. Were seeing between 80-90psi oil pressure on cold start and around 30psi warm idle.

Before we saw a best of 72-75psi oil pressure on cold start and 18-20psi oil pressure on warm idle.

Thats a very very positive increase in oil pressure. What we did may have actually lengthen the life of the motor substantially.

Very excited so far!

Attachments

• received_1996226407058697.jpeg
    received_1996226407058697.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
  • received_1996226353725369.jpeg
    received_1996226353725369.jpeg
    976.8 KB · Views: 312
  • received_1996226357058702.jpeg
    received_1996226357058702.jpeg
    933.4 KB · Views: 238
Even with the dramatic increase in oil pressure Dustin is still really not wanting to go to 350whp. He's wanting to stay between 330-335whp

I'm trying to talk him into at least 350whp

We will be putting the car on the dyno next week.

We will see what happens and how the motor responds and we will go from there. But man the motor is purring like a kitten. Its never sounded as good as it does.

Probably ganna pick the car up this week and take it to him next week when the dyno arrives.

I will see if I can add the video to youtube and post the link here later when I have time

Even with the dramatic increase in oil pressure Dustin is still really not wanting to go to 350whp. He's wanting to stay between 330-335whp

I'm trying to talk him into at least 350whp

We will be putting the car on the dyno next week.

We will see what happens and how the motor responds and we will go from there. But man the motor is purring like a kitten. Its never sounded as good as it does.

Probably ganna pick the car up this week and take it to him next week when the dyno arrives.

I will see if I can add the video to youtube and post the link here later when I have time

Listen to your tuner and play it conservative. You aren't going to break any records by making 350 whp and to be honestly it is past the limit of useful power in your car. Until you get the remaining supporting mods, anything above ~300 whp is simply less traction.

Check this pic out. They did a great job on the valve cover and catch can. Everything looks so good.

All thats left is 4 vac locks and midpipe, flanges and gaskets

Attachments

• received_1998111313536873.jpeg
    received_1998111313536873.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 266
I have mfactory lsd, full race traction bar, solid motor mounts, hasport torque mounts, sway bar, camber kits all the way around, skunk2 struts with ground control coil overs already preloaded, manual steering rack, front and rear skunk2 strut bars.

I don't know what else I can do for more traction other then buying micky thompsons or bigger tires...

Link to video of Dustin street tuning my ek. Sounds great. He said he is absolutely shocked at how great the motor is running and responding.

Oil pump must have been shot. Very good thing we changed it!

He's got it on 13lbs of boost right now.

He said he wants to get it dialed in on the dyno once it gets to his shop.

Quick list of upgrades on my car.

Engine: B20bVtec B16 head Turbo 13lbs boost Stock block with adjustable cam gears & gsr cams, skunk2 pro series intake manifold with skunk2 70mm throttle body and hondata thermal heatshield intake manifold gasket, integra type r oil pump.

Transmission: Rebuilt gsr trans with mfactory lsd & carbon coated syncros and ls 5th gear.

Turbo stuff: Speed Factory ceramic coated Ramhorn manifold, oil catch can(venting block and valve cover, gold turbonetics turbo, turbosmart raceport 40mm wg and turbosmart 50mm raceport bov all with push-lock/vacuum lock fittings.

Fuel Upgrades: 1000cc Injector Clinic Injectors, Golden Eagle Fuel Rail, Upgraded high pressure stainless steel braided fuel lines, Aeromotive AFPR, Aeromotive Fuel pressure gauge on fuel rail, 255 walboro fuel pump.

Tuning: Hondata s3 v3, 3port hondata ebc, boost by gear.

Exhaust: Stainless Steel 3 inch downpipe with stainless steel GodSpeed 3 inch mendral bent exhaust and GodSpeed Muffler

Suspension: Skunk2 struts with ground control coil overs, skunk2 front camber kits and blox rear camber kit, full race traction bar and skunk2 front and rear strut tower bars with sick speed solid motor mounts with hasport solid torque mounts, rear lca and acr brace and and sway bar.

Tires: Stock tires lol, with integra ls wheels.

Gauges: Innovate wideband, oil pressure, and boost gauges.

Last edited:
Back