K20A2 EG Project Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by reckedracing@May 27 2005, 02:13 PM
so how much do you have in it?

and what sponsors?
[post=504391]Quoted post[/post]​

I have about 10k into so far as for sponsors, Hybrid Racing, Showstoppers, IPS, and a couple of others are in the works.

Steve

Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 27 2005, 03:48 PM
<~~~ entirely too jealous.
[post=504397]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur: Keep us updated with lots of pics

Originally posted by sohcslammer+May 29 2005, 10:58 AM-->
Originally posted by k-series@May 27 2005, 02:33 PM
reckedracing
@May 27 2005, 02:13 PM

and what sponsors?

I have about 10k into so far as for sponsors, Hybrid Racing, Showstoppers, IPS, and a couple of others are in the works.

Steve
[post=504392]Quoted post[/post]​

Showstoppers

In LA? Like Chuck and Rocky?
[post=504961]Quoted post[/post]​

Chuck and Rocky are definitely helping me out. (Hung out with at SEMA last year.)

Steve

Did most of my engine prep work and laid down one of the first layers of flat back in the bay.

I'll have the motor in the bay by the weekend, but that's because I'm moving the following weekend.

flatengine.jpg

Steve

Originally posted by driver1@Jun 20 2005, 09:33 PM
spray paint? or real paint?
[post=514593]Quoted post[/post]​

Engine bay is just spray paint. The car will get "real paint" (nighthawk black pearl) once I get the cage in. With the frequency that I'll be removing the engine and such to work on it/upgrade, there's no point in spending good money on real paint under the hood.

Steve

Motor is in! Just have to move and then I'm back to work on it. Everything should be happening a lot faster now. :)

swap-1.jpg

swap-2.jpg

swap-3.jpg

Steve

Originally posted by k-series+May 29 2005, 04:40 PM-->
Originally posted by sohcslammer@May 29 2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by k-series@May 27 2005, 02:33 PM
reckedracing
@May 27 2005, 02:13 PM

and what sponsors?

Steve
[post=504392]Quoted post[/post]​

Showstoppers

In LA? Like Chuck and Rocky?
[post=504961]Quoted post[/post]​

Chuck and Rocky are definitely helping me out. (Hung out with at SEMA last year.)

Steve
[post=505089]Quoted post[/post]​

Nice I was at Show Stoppers yesterday and hung out with those characters for a little while. They are good peeps.

Siiiiiiiick! ! ! Dude that hatch is so mint too. What are your plans for the engine? Just gonna leave it stock? Also, did you cut the holes out in the stock rear bumper for aerodynamics and if so how did you do it?

dam that engine looks like it came with the car good work man it looks hot so far

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@Jul 1 2005, 12:42 AM
Siiiiiiiick! ! ! Dude that hatch is so mint too. What are your plans for the engine? Just gonna leave it stock? Also, did you cut the holes out in the stock rear bumper for aerodynamics and if so how did you do it?
[post=518949]Quoted post[/post]​

Motor will be fully built, just not sure how I'm going to go about it. Lots of planning still left to do. :)

Steve

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@Jul 1 2005, 01:42 AM

umm pick up a 1-2 inch whole saw drill bit and have fun. Just start drilling.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jul 5 2005, 09:29 AM-->
HatchSpeeD
@Jul 1 2005, 01:42 AM

umm pick up a 1-2 inch whole saw drill bit and have fun. Just start drilling.
[post=520686]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL i take it you have done it to your cars

Originally posted by driver1@Jul 5 2005, 08:56 AM
gonna build it in the car??? :blink: :blink:
[post=520668]Quoted post[/post]​

Ummm....no. I said, I was moving. I needed to get it in the car so that I didn't have to pay to have my car towed AND have the motor put on the moving truck. It's coming back out this weekend so I can get the head ready to be sent out.

Steve

Started working on the rest of the weight reduction and other NHRA requirements.

eg-door.jpg

What you're looking at is a piece of drapery rod that I crushed to mock up what will be a nice aluminum rod bolted to the door with that connecting rod for the door latch, that will allow me and others from the outside to open the door. (There'll be a small round hole in the lexan for access from the outside.)

I'll be finishing up the other door tomorrow and hopefully the rest of stuff inside the car...but we'll see.

Steve

Back