k20a3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

junkyarddog

i got a deal on a k20a3 and i want to no if the a3 is a good motor ? and wats the hp on it ? thanks

your cars already swapped, i wouldnt bother, to do a full K swap is still rather pricey since the motors arent as abundant as the GSR motors, you can mate up a A2 head with an A3 block, but you wont have as good as results as jsut doing a full k20a2 from a type S, on top of that you get the 6speed tranny which is so much better, i got the chance to drive my buddies type S, modded the same as my base, and yeah, i hate my base now compared to a Type S, get a nice turbo kit for the B16, or maybe build it up, w.e fits your taste, the money your gonna blow on doing a k20 swap just isnt really worth the performance

yea from wat i have been readin tif i was to go k swap i should go all the way and do a a2 . and since i do have the b16 it would be easer . i was just askin cuz i hade a deal on a hole k20a3 with tranny so i figer i would ask . but thats for every ones help

Thanks man. I hate walking away. I will keep this for a while, but as far as starting anymore projects, it's just killing my pockets.

yea ever since i heard about the k20 i wanted to put one in my car i got a 91 civic hb and since i do all my own work i figer i would try it out

yea ever since i heard about the k20 i wanted to put one in my car i got a 91 civic hb and since i do all my own work i figer i would try it out

Depends on what you want really. If you just want bragging rights on the street, I would not spend that much. If you are a track person then it is worth it if you are going N/A.

I do not agree with racing on the streets! I was just testing the car when the swap was completed in this video. The car still had a few bugs. This will just give you a comparasion of the K20Z1 against Z06 Ls6 powered vette.
YouTube - K20 hatch vs Corvette

sounds like you need to work on your tps reading.
sounds like my car :p
since I have '05 typeS... kpro was a bitch wasn't it? (pricing)

why would you buy a motor without knowing if it is good or not? how much was your "deal" and what all did you get with it?

Back