latest addition to the colelction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've never gotten into collecting anything, but you can't really lose when it comes to this as they will gain interest over time--each person has their hobbies...Brian collects coins, Eric collects protein on a hand towel. :)

Originally posted by Havok@Aug 9 2004, 09:15 PM
--each person has their hobbies...Brian collects coins, Eric collects protein on a hand towel. :)
[post=374537]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL! :lol:

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Aug 9 2004, 08:44 PM
LOL! you really have no use for your money...
Over time I guess it'll pay for itself
[post=374527]Quoted post[/post]​

you guys put away in 401k's and assume the US will still be here in 20 years. if the value of the dollar drops- like it has been compred to the Euro, etc, all you're going to do is keep loosing money.

With gold and silver coins, no matter what happens, if the us flops, or whatever- they will alwyas at least have the value of their weight in the metal they are.

I don't have a 401k. i think they are bullshit investments - especially because my company doesn't match.

when im 60, the collection i have now will at least 10x the value... which makes it at least 500k i would imagine... inflation and all the dependant of course.

and besides, 3 of the pictured coins there are worth 300+ combined. the rest are 5-10 a pop... easily, its a 600-700 dollar lot if sold seperately right now.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 9 2004, 10:48 PM-->
La_Pieuvre
@Aug 9 2004, 08:44 PM
LOL! you really have no use for your money...
Over time I guess it'll pay for itself
[post=374527]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't have a 401k. i think they are bullshit investments - especially because my company doesn't match.

when im 60, the collection i have now will at least 10x the value... which makes it at least 500k i would imagine... inflation and all the dependant of course.

and besides, 3 of the pictured coins there are worth 300+ combined. the rest are 5-10 a pop... easily, its a 600-700 dollar lot if sold seperately right now.
[post=374576]Quoted post[/post]​

B. you make some good points, yes gold and silver will be worth something in the future. but the US isn't ging anywahere soon. and when that collection is worth X amount of dollars , now you need to find a buyer for them. were with stock/bonds/funds, you can sell them at liberty and make $$

and if you look at the trend of the stock market over the past 50yr or longer it always increases. and the estimate for my 401(k) at present will be worth about $1.75Mil when I retire at 65. and that's not including my wife's plan which should be worht about $800-900K

and you also have good company backing.

if i put away 100 bucks a month, that's 1200 a year

1200 X 40 yrs left of work... = 48,000

wow. a wopping 48 grand.

that will last me all of a year.

if you want to factor in interest- you can... call it 60? 70? grand?
still- its 1 year salary for any "above" average worker

so from 65-66, im set. then im fucked.

You could always do like most of the olderfolks do around here... pump gas!

:lol:

Seriously though, B's right. 401k without company backing is teh fat shit.

Whos down for robbing a few banks for our retirement funds???? LOL quick money...well jsut keep it in our mattresses

Actually, I've got a perfect plan to heist large sums of money...

but still, you're fighting inflation.

$1 now, even matched to $1.50 in 10 years, a dollar isn't shit.

hell, look at the 1940s (when wed be born if we were looking to retire now)
in 1940, average sallary was like 4k.
now, its probably 40k.

so if you save 10% of your 4k, or $40 a year, today, the amount is laughable.

even with interest- unless you can stop inflation, holding onto money is pretty stupid.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 10 2004, 03:04 PM
collection you moron.

go get edumakt3d.

:ph34r: <-click
[post=374858]Quoted post[/post]​

a typo is far less worse, than blatently spelling a word wrong :)

worst ebayer ever.

wouldn't take payment by paypal cuz it was over $100.

what a fucking retard. i'm not sendin ghis ass cash...

taking negative feedback i guess, cuz im not paying him shit.

Back