LS Turbo Suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just wanted to take a quick second to applaud Blanco for all of his hard work and effort put into this thread.

:thumbsup: man. This should get stickied.
-Andrew

Check out this book from SA

That setup is some what confusing. Why would you put 10:1 compression pistons and then turbo it??? How much horsepower would you expect just from that setup you just posted???

How to Build Honda Horsepower
How To Build Honda Horsepower: Dyno Verified Results

Im new to building a honda but I have built a 375hp 327 a few years back. This seemed to be a good read with a lot of pictures. man I like pictures. :> hehe

Sunset1

thanks

By looking at the number of posts you have in here I would say I'm off to a good start.
Thanks
Sunset1

Okay time to update my info. I swapped that manifold and it make a little difference and I also took off my cat and put a test pipe but im still getting a little bog. could it be fuel or valves??? okay this is what I was gonna do in order to figure out if it was my timing that could be off. Is it possible to take off the timing belt by unbolting the cam gear bolt and slipping the gear out and just move it one tooth over???? see then if it got worse then I was gonna move it the other way and if it got better then I should be in time right???? im just trying to save a way without removing the balancer.

Use the timing mark on the crank pulley along with the marks on the cam gears, they will tell you if your cam timing is off.

How do you check the timing on the cam gear??? I know how to check the timing marks on the crank pulley but not the cam gear

Yes I do own one. okay this is what I have done so far. I moved the crank pulley to TDC which is the white mark on the crank pulley and I also did this without a timing light. Then I look at my cam gear when my crank pulley in TDC and my cam gear is upside down, the word "UP" on the cam gear is upside down (its pointing down towards the ground) and the TDC mark on the cam gear is on the opposite side of where the pointer is on the back cover is. So basically my cam gear is Ass Backwards.

My motor is in perfect time. everything is back to normal. its just for some reason I still dont think im getting good performance. its still very little boggy. do you think maybe im not getting enough fuel???

IIRC your computer may take a short while to adjust to it's now correct valve timing. I could be wrong, check what you fuel pressure is at the rail if you are concerned.

How do I un-notify myself of updates to a thread? :> Nevermind Ill check the controll pannel.
Sunset1

this is what im thinking i wanna do for now. JDM B18b 9.4:1 c/r, 145hp, 127trq, 7psi, Crower stage 2, Skunk2 valvetrain, Port and polished head, Good tune. Everything will be stock. How much of a risk am I taking before I break something???? Can this motor hold up with this setup?????

Is it possible for the ls head to reach 9000 rpms without loosing power or would it be better by going vtec head?????? this includes good head work.

you mean the question is how well it can perform at 3000rpm. it is possible to get good gas mileage with 15psi and headwork???? Answer this also. By doing headwork, would that make my injectors feed more????

Well what would be a good setup for really good gas mileage??????? Is there some kind of guide that tells you what kind of injectors you should use for a certain amount of horsepower??????? example. 200hp=440cc 300hp=750cc something like that.

Buy "Maximum Boost"
It's a book written by Corky Bell.
Read it cover to cover.
Buy a dictionary
Read Maximum Boost again and look up all the big words that you dont understand.
Then start thinking about your own turbo setup and what you want it to be.

Another question. What tranny to use with the ls motor. ITR or CTR or what are you guys suggestions?????

Back