lunar eclipse tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im gonna be outside then to check it out and after that i will stay outside and watch the grass grow as i drink some beers while the ladyfriend bitches how cold it is and how i like beer more than her :ph34r: ... Someone take a picyure of it... i would but no camera right now.

well, considering i'll be outside having coffee with the guys anyway, a glane now and then up can't hurt :)

i'll try to snap some pics

but it's impossible around here- there is just too much light pollution from philly :(

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Oct 27 2004, 06:59 PM
Im gonna be outside then to check it out and after that i will stay outside and watch the grass grow as i drink some beers while the ladyfriend bitches how cold it is and how i like beer more than her :ph34r: ... Someone take a picyure of it... i would but no camera right now.
[post=408275]Quoted post[/post]​

couldn't of said it any better.

Just went outside and looked at it. You can see it really good here in South Carolina.

i just got home, and its fully covered but glowing slightly red.

sky is perfectly clear. beautiful night for watching it.

see you in 2007 moon

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 27 2004, 09:54 PM
i just got home, and its fully covered but glowing slightly red.

sky is perfectly clear. beautiful night for watching it.

see you in 2007 moon
[post=408387]Quoted post[/post]​

The moon will be back in a few hours...not years....

iamhere.jpg

That's what it looked like during the eclipse for me just now.. And I had COMPLETELY clear skies. :D

There were clouds all around the horizon, 360 degrees. But the moon was in TOTALLY clear skies for the whole of the totality. :D We were in this little pocket of clear skies at precisely the right time.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 27 2004, 06:19 PM
i'll try to snap some pics

but it's impossible around here- there is just too much light pollution from philly :(
[post=408294]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL i didn't even go outside to look at it but my boyfriend told me about it

Man I saw the beginging of it, then the moon moved behind the clouds, and never came out the whole night.

Well, it's late and it's not that great- but here are the pictures I got over about a 10 minute span as the eclipse was finishing up. You can see the regression of coverage through the pictures:

lunar_eclipse_med_01.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_02.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_03.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_04.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_05.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_06.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_07.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_08.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_09.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_10.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_11.jpg

lunar_eclipse_med_12.jpg