main relay

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There is no grounding requirement for ignition switch. Just plug in the harness. Don't even need key part of switch assembly. You can manipulate switch by turning it with a screwdriver.

Do you have all schematics you need?

Last edited:
ya i found a couple on google that are decent. i just use them. and have the haynes for 90-93 tegs and 85-91 civic

well i feel like i might have a bad ecu. it has been dropped several times and had been sitting inside my car for the 2 years its been parked. anyone kno of a way to test? im just going to put it in my teg and see if it starts

well i finally figured it out. my ecu is not actuating my main relay. so today i took the p61 out of my teg and put the p28 in. no main clicking. put the p61 in my hatch and main works fine. so i picked up a chipped p28 to put in. so tomorrow i hope i have good news for all you that have helped. especially dual-500.

Thank you sir and good luck with it. Be sure and post results. :)

A word about the forums - there are many that have tons of Honda experience, some have posted on this thread. Usually, when one or two members have something "under control" the others will stand by and just read thread. You are a new member and none of us know your experience level or overall skill level or what tools you have access to or experience with. So, I (and most if not all the other regulars) usually don't jump in and start off at advanced level stuff. Kinda work that way by seeing the questions and actions of the OP.

Last edited:
right i been around these cars for a while now. about 7 years actually wrenching and building. a couple years reading super street. lol

ya i spent a LONG time sitting in the passenger seat of my older brothers hondas. got my first ef at 15 it was a nice 90 si hatch stock as a rock. except exhaust, sounded great. eventually got a mini me then a b swap. then it found a ditch at 90 backwards. only surviving parts were diver door, engine, and front seats.

got to hear the beast running today. also had to switch the two white wires at dizzy. but it is up and running.

Great! That's when the satisfaction begins to kick in! The wires you swapped would be from one of the Hall Effect sensors in the dizzy. They need correct polarity of the signal to ECU to function. I've got one in the shop that's doing together soon and get dropped back into my 91 hatch when fall weather gets here. A 1994 DOHC ZC with 10.5:1 compression that's been balanced and ported.

Keep your progress posted - I'll post up mine when I start the short block build.

Last edited:
well its slow process as i work full time but i was able to clean up all the exposed wiring by the ecu and in engine bay. wired in vafc2 and 4 wire o2. still needs dash and front seats front and rear bummpers and pass fender. i forgot how long it takes to put this mess together lol. thats what i get for abandoning it for 11 months

Back