Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So I've been kinda busy with the Accord and school lately, the Accord is getting a sound system of epic proportions because I love my music. Here's a quick list:
Hertz components (installed already)
JBL 60.2 powering the components
OEM Honda Tweeters (from 04 Civic) installed already, running off the deck
Kicker ZX2500.1 Mono Amp
Stinger 0 gauge wiriing, installed already
RE Audio XXX 15" 4000 max 2000 rms
Ported enclosure
Also going to get some 6.5's in the rear doors along with some tweeters there too so this thing is loud everywhere you sit..

I'm pretty happy even with the components the way they are. It's extremely loud and crisp. Love it.

Pics coming tomorrow of the current state of my car, and my newest project. I've taken on the task of tucking, shaving, and repainting my buddy's EH2. It's going to be quite the project.

As for my hatch, times are a little tough right now as I am a poor college student. The car is nearly done though, I simply need a tune and a new windshield. I'm learning how to use CROME so hopefully I can just buy some time on the dyno and do it myself.

I'm learning how to use CROME so hopefully I can just buy some time on the dyno and do it myself.

That's the way to go. Although, CROME has a steep curve to it. Dyno time without a tuner is cheap, and your labor is even cheaper. :p

I miss my hatch.... :(

That's the way to go. Although, CROME has a steep curve to it. Dyno time without a tuner is cheap, and your labor is even cheaper. :p

I miss my hatch.... :(

It does man, I have just begun to read about the Fuel/Ignition/Timing tables. I'm sure it is going to take me a few months to even fully grasp those, let alone start forming some sort of a basemap.

BTW, I'm doing my retrofit on those headlights this week, any suggestion on what to use as a grommet for the back of the housing to keep the moisture out?

Methanol injection now nearly complete, everything is mounted just missing a stretch of wire and a longer piece of hose to get it to the front of the car.

BTW, I'm doing my retrofit on those headlights this week, any suggestion on what to use as a grommet for the back of the housing to keep the moisture out?

Go to the plumbing section of Home Depot, and find a rubber pipe cap. Those work pretty well.

Go to the plumbing section of Home Depot, and find a rubber pipe cap. Those work pretty well.

Sweet, I will try that. Thanks man.

On to some updates since I haven't in a while. Here is my new DD. 1992 Accord EX 4dr, picked it up for $350. All stock except for my sound system shit. 2 JBL 12's and a kicker l7 15, kenwood deck, hertz components... Here's a couple pics of that:
100_0877.jpg

100_0880.jpg

Also picked up another project, doing this for a friend. Full shave, tuck, and build on his LS-VTEC.
100_0881.jpg

100_0882.jpg

100_0883.jpg

100_0884.jpg

100_0886.jpg

And the current state of my hatch.. a little dusty.
100_0887.jpg

100_0888.jpg

cant even see the front mount lol
100_0890.jpg

and my sisters new car that ive also been doing some work on. 3rd gear synchro replaced, new clutch, new rotors, new pads, new shoes, new muffler, and I'm in the process of fixing the sunroof. Car has 118k on it, picked it up for $4,500.
100_0894.jpg

100_0895.jpg

and finally, a shot of my VC. Black crinkle finish w/stainless hardware and some polished stuff..
100_0893.jpg

pics of the methanol stuff soon. stay tuned

love that ramhorn.
Good looks + Decent power = win. Thanks for the comment man.
lookin good matt keep it up... was so excited when i noticed pics lol
Haha yeah its been a while eh, I've been so busy with school and work but I've had some free time these past few days so I've been getting some stuff done.
Nice man... that car looks sexy even covered in dust
Thanks man, its not even cut n buffed yet :ph34r: so hopefully it will look even better after that and some painted bumpers lol

I wish I could find a clean titled running accord to drive for $350 or $400. That would be sick. I almost bought a 93 ls integra for $400 a while back.

Yeah pretty much I'm going to drive it into the ground cuz it was way too good of a deal.

Back