Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Shoulda picked them up for $300! Especially if they were mint lol

Anyway.. Innovate LC-1 and DB gauge going in this weekend, cleaning up the bay, finishing the exterior, and hopefully getting some paint on my hood, grille, bumpers, etc. before the end of the weekend. Pics as I go.

Always a good read. Too bad your on the other side of the mountains, Id give you some work. My car needs the hood and bumpers reshot. Maybe Ill take a long weekend this summer....

Always a good read. Too bad your on the other side of the mountains, Id give you some work. My car needs the hood and bumpers reshot. Maybe Ill take a long weekend this summer....
Long weekend sounds like a plan to me.. I will probably be pretty bored this summer unless I find another project lol
what did you paint the wheels with?
OMNI self etching primer, OMNI basecoat, OMNI clearcoat. Its cheap stuff, but it works. Cost me $130 in supplies for the project, and I have a lot left over. Probably enough to do a valve cover and maybe another set of wheels.

Thanks man. :thumbsup:

I'm in the process of finally painting the bumpers and hood. I ran out of primer surfacer so I'm going to get some of that now. Pics when I get everything based and cleared.

i got a few questions....im not too familiar with honda's but i know a lil... gotta start somewhere, but anyway, i have a 94 civic with a h22a swap, just had to get the transmission rebuilt bc the guy i got it from ran it to hell. had it turbo'd before i got it from him, but he had a P06 ecu on it.. would getting a different ecu help with my performance or is that one ok?

^Start your own thread :thumbsdown:

Anyway, just an update for you all.

I have been really sick, I even had to go to urgent care at the local Rockwood Clinic. Apparently the filters on one of the respirators were shot, and I inhaled some paint fumes. I couldn't breathe, and couldn't stop coughing. Went in, and things seem to be progressing as the days go by. I won't get much done until I am 100% again, though.

Now that youve got sick from a bad filter, do you know how to check em for safety bofore you use em?

Now that youve got sick from a bad filter, do you know how to check em for safety bofore you use em?

I'm going to figure that out, in addition I am going to get my own respirator, and replace the filters after EVERY use.

You shouldn't have to check them before you use them. All of the filters I've used have a certificate with each filter saying that they've been checked to filter out all particles to x microns.

You shouldn't have to check them before you use them. All of the filters I've used have a certificate with each filter saying that they've been checked to filter out all particles to x microns.
Right, but after a certain amount of use they need to be replaced.
Filters have a service life. You cant just buy one and never replace it.
Exactly, it's going to be a pain in the ass, but I think I'll just do it every time I paint which isn't too often.

Anyway, on top of all this madness with my lungs, I've just started a new quarter in school, and I'm also having my wisdom teeth removed today. Hoorah for setbacks! :ph34r:

Damn Matt. I was going to ask how your lungs were doing but wow...it looks like you have a lot on your plate nowadays. I hope you feel better soon. After you get better I expect to see a little posting on the workout thread. :ph34r::D:ph34r:

Damn Matt. I was going to ask how your lungs were doing but wow...it looks like you have a lot on your plate nowadays. I hope you feel better soon. After you get better I expect to see a little posting on the workout thread. :ph34r::D:ph34r:
I'll post my routine in there right now, since I cant work for the rest of the week :D
Bah, wisdom teeth aren't that big a deal^_^

Haha yeah they're not too bad, its just on top of my lung issue its kinda weird. It went well though, and I've been in minimal pain since yesterday.

Been a little while since I've posted some pictures.. Here's a shot of it with the new wheels on it. I'm in the process of cutting/buffing the bumpers and hood. Also, the headlights are out because I got a new set, I wanted an OEM look. Front lip will be painted flat black and put on after I get the bumpers done. Here's a teaser though.

Sorry for the crappy quality, took it with my phone lol
0_IMAG0006.jpg

New headlights will be here today, and I will most likely have the bumpers and shit on the car today. Looking to be finished with the car cosmetically by the end of the week.

Back